Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File type = part01 file

Options
  • 22-02-2007 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

Ok I have two files ,one of the file types is part01 file and the other is part02 file. I am assumeing that these are part of one original file does anyone know how i can put the files together to make the one original file

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try opening them with Winrar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

They were teh files I had just taken out of another file with 7zip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

As previously stated...you need Winrar...install it ask then right click the part01 file and choose 'extract here' option...this will decompress both parts.

Is 7 zip not abel to do that?

I honestly don't know...but going by your experience, no :)

Winrar link (trial version)

• Advertisement

LOl yeah i suppose so . I accidnetally made part 01 an Iso file, DO you know how I would change it back to a part01 file?

Emm...did you just rename it or alter it in any way? If just renamed then change it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you renamed .iso, just rename it back again.

Snap! I win :D

that didnt work . Anyway i just extracted it againn so that doesnt matter. But When i try to extract anything aout of the Part 01 file winrar says "no archives found in selected files or folders" .

• Advertisement

They were teh files I had just taken out of another file with 7zip.

Can you decompress the original file with Winrar? And when you have the two files can you VIEW the contents of the archives with Winrar?

If the answer is no to both then the archive may be damaged I'm guessing.

No I cant decompress the Original files with winrar. I can however decompress them with 7 zip. I cannot view the contents with Winrar, but the files are over 2 GB so that may be the reason.

Most odd..not aware that Winrar had a filesize limit.

I'm all out of ideas...except perhaps to ask around on the site you got the original file from if possible. I hesitate to ask what the file actually is :D

i dont think it has a limit , its just that My pc cant really handle opening a file that big.

I got it working . The compressed files were .daa files and I needed to use power iso to play them.Thanks for the help lads:).

All becomes clear. I think if you had let us in on the secret that the original file was .daa we may have got here quicker ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah when you say "part01" file, people will assume that is the extension of the file.

"part01 file" was the name of the file that I extracted from teh .daa file . Cheers lads thanks for your help though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Absolut

Is there more than one file? Are they called part01, part02, part03, etc?

If so, use HJSPLIT to rejoin the files - here - they're probably just parts of a single file that were split up before being archived/compressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Absolut wrote:
    Is there more than one file? Are they called part01, part02, part03, etc?

If so, use HJSPLIT to rejoin the files - here - they're probably just parts of a single file that were split up before being archived/compressed.

he's already figured out what files they are.

they where obviously named part01.daa ... etc i.e. it was probably a DVD that was split up into a few different CD images.

• Advertisement

A quick google found THIS info which may be helpful. Also THIS info on the .daa file type.

YEah cheers lads everything is sorted now, thanks again.:)

Good to hear you got it sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

*cough* was it GTA san andreas that you were trying to extract? /*cough*

Yeah thanks hopefull.:)

No it was san andreas Cyberghost . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

lol, k ;)

Advertisement