Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Loan For Dental Work ?

Options
  • 22-02-2007 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭

I've a car loan currently of 12K and about 4K of debt on the credit card from dental work done a couple of months ago (credit card debt reducing at about 500 euro a month).

However I've dental work due this summer that's going to cost approximately 6K.
    How sympathetic are banks towards dental/medical loans?

Obviously would far rather just add the dental stuff on to the car loan and pay it all off on the car loan rate rather than the credit card rates which are much higher.

Do banks even give loans for medical purposes?, would appreciate any advice.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Generally banks allow personal loans can be used towards medical expenses/dental work. I would doubt they'll add it on to the car finance package, which are generally slightly different than personal loans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You'd be well advised to take out another personal loan for the dental work. The interest will be much cheaper than the obnoxious rates charged by the credit card scavengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks guys, I'll sit down with my bank manager during the easter holidays and see if they can sort out a seperate personal loan.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement