Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me please:(:(

Options
  • 22-02-2007 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

In recent days I have had a problem with the sound on my computer. I can hear my songs from iTunes but I cant hear the sound from videos on the web such as YouTube etc.

I have tried everything I can think of and have followed the troubleshooting procedure but I still cant hear anything. When watching videos the sound appears to play.

From my control panel I get the folowing message ''.....Your sound card may be in use.''

does anyone know what this means or how to fix it??

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Best of posting more information for people

What OS are you using?
    Whats the sound card?
    Builtin or not?
    What drivers are you using?
    When did this problem start?
    What browser are you using + Version?

have you tried reinstalling the driver?

In IE 7 their is a Tickbox under Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Multimedia, whats ticked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

I am using Window XP. Yeah, I have tried re-installing the driver but I still have the problem. My sound card is built in but I dont know what type it is.

everything under multimedia is ticked except ''show image download placeholders''

Any ideas what the problem would be??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Run msconfig and see what processes are running. Looks like some prog or applicaiton is not releasing your sound card when it's closed.

Is the problem still there straight after a fresh cold boot and before you use iTunes or any other progs? Have you installed any new progs recently?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Probably best to reinstall the driver and associated software from the manufacturers website.

Advertisement