Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Make up!

Options
  • 22-02-2007 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Hope i can get some help here. The missus is forever putting the slap stick on in the car. This is all well and good until she plasters the stuff all over the inside of the passenger door when reaching for door handles etc.

Ive tried a "back to black" / "son of a gun" to get off the make up but it isnt moving. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it (or is it time to get rid of her!)

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

make up remover?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

sounds logical!

Would stuff not ruin / stain the colour of the interior!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

eh.....tell her to stop !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

DO NOT put make up remover on the interior surface of your car.

My mum had a bottle that leakes in ans arount the gear stick/centre console and it melted the plastic and peeled the brushed chrome stuff off the centre console......

prospect wrote:
    DO NOT put make up remover on the interior surface of your car.

My mum had a bottle that leakes in ans arount the gear stick/centre console and it melted the plastic and peeled the brushed chrome stuff off the centre console......

Thought so, thanks

eh.....tell her to stop !

No use ! ... Prevention is better than cure, but in this case its just a matter of cure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

prospect r u sure it wasnt nail vanish remover she spilled? AFAIK its different stuff.

you could try it on a small hidden part of the car or if you had somethign similarin the house totry it on. you could dilute it aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Thought so, thanks

No use ! ... Prevention is better than cure, but in this case its just a matter of cure

Bar her from your car. Or Buy her her own car, where she can put it on while motoring along. And then we can add her to the things that p*ss us off while driving thread!!

maybe i should insist she travels in the boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Stekelly wrote:
    prospect r u sure it wasnt nail vanish remover she spilled? AFAIK its different stuff.

Actually you could be right there... D'oh. Gotta learn to distinguish between the nail polish remover and the mascara remover...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Brilliant thread. Lads discussing make-up tips!

OP... I know your pain. Make-up remover will do the trick, followed by BtB or SoaG to bring up a sheen.

Or if you feel like it, get it valeted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

putting the slap stick on in the car.
    :confused: Slapstick is a form of comedy. Am I missing the joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Im glad to hear Im not alone. :D

Open her window (hopefully you have electric ones) and leave it open while going as fast as you can (dont break the speed limits though - Im not condoning speeding) the next time she takes out the pollyfiller.

Worked for me!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

If you don't want to chance make up remover, try baby wipes instead
    And leave a pack in the car for her to clean her hands with in future before she goes to open the door!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Surely you could find an effeminate valet to cleanse, tone and moisturise the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Take a detour and find some ramps :)

Oh and then clean it off when you get home with a grin on your face hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

su_dios wrote:
    Take a detour and find some ramps :)
    Also great fun when she's eating an icecream. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Sudden braking when she's doing mascara, eyeliner or lipstick also effective for having a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Bit expensive but buy a convertible and get a paddinton bear styled hat and let the roof down in the rain ....

She will soon learn!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Make sure you apply cold cream to the door handle before she applies the make-up.

Advertisement