Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] Arbour Hill - Traffic Management Plan

Options
  • 22-02-2007 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,252 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.dublincity.ie/living_in_the_city/getting_around/by_car/traffic_management/arbour_hill_traffic_management_plan.asp
    Arbour Hill – Traffic Management Plan

Following a request from the elected representatives in the Central Area and local residents to examine traffic issues in the area, a traffic management report was presented to the Central Area Committee on February 13th, 2007. A number of options were outlined to reduce the amount of through traffic on Arbour Hill, Montpelier Hill and Temple Street West and to reduce the incidence of speeding on Arbour Hill. It is now proposed to hold a public consultation on the five traffic management options. Any comments or feedback should be sent to the below address by the 27th March '07

Executive Manager,
    Roads and Traffic Department,
    Dublin City Council,
    Civic Offices,
    Wood Quay,
    Dublin 8

A display will be held in the Civic Offices on March 6th to 9th, 2007. Further details of the proposed options are available by email on traffic@dublincity.ie and by phone on 01-2222134

Map of all options (364kb)
    Arbour Hill TM Report CAC Feb 07 (164KB)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

This has now come into effect.

This is really disruptive to traffic as cars are now forced to drive down the quays, where a lane of traffic has already been recently removed from operation due to the new bus lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

What option was chosen? I use this route regularly as a better way to get to Connolly. Apart from option 1, the rest alarmed me.

I swear that those in charge of traffic management in Dublin, should be dragged out of the office and run over. Every initiative piles more congestion onto the roads. Can anyone here name one initiative that solved traffic congestion?

Option 3 was put in place
    • No right turn onto Montpelier Hill
    • No left turn onto Temple Street West (except access)

What's the legal standing of the except access part? If it was brought to court, surely you could easily challenge it?

I guess they believe that by making it as difficult as possible for cars to enter the city, drivers will start using the bus and Luas options.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,252 ✭✭✭✭Victor

krinpit wrote:
    What's the legal standing of the except access part? If it was brought to court, surely you could easily challenge it?
    You would have to prove your access requirement. And if you didn't explain at the time, I suspect any excuse will be looked upon dimly.

So basically tell the Garda that you live on the road and hope he doesn't follow you home? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement