Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE2 and NuachtTG4 - Will they be revamped in 2007

Options
  • 21-02-2007 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

It's been 3 years (the usual lifetime of an RTE pres package) since the idents & pres on RTE2 and the style of Nuacht TG4 have been updated. Does this mean they'll be revamped later this year? Nuacht TG4 looks really out of date now. RTE2 isn't too bad though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

as long as they deliver the news then who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Doubt RTE2 will change anytime soon. They've just started a competition for people to send in ident ideas

http://www.rte.ie/tv/greenroom/index.html

Well I say "competition", the prize seems fairly crap. A certificate followed by jelly and ice cream by the looks of things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

Mossy Monk wrote:
    as long as they deliver the news then who cares
    On TG4 I guess nobody.....

But what about RTE2?

i think that RTÉ 2 looks fine and a revamp of the news would be wasting money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

I was only talking about nuacht on TG4 - I meant the green room on RTE2 is getting irritating by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

It's been 3 years (the usual lifetime of an RTE pres package) since the idents & pres on RTE2 and the style of Nuacht TG4 have been updated. Does this mean they'll be revamped later this year? Nuacht TG4 looks really out of date now. RTE2 isn't too bad though.

What is TG4:confused:

TG4 is a television channel in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I meant the green room on RTE2 is getting irritating by now.

In your opinion.

In my opinion, I would much rather RTÉ spend that money on programmes than spend money worrying or changing presentation packages because they are perceived to be stale. Modern idents do not inspire me.

Do you want your house to feature again in some new idents? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Do you want your house to feature again in some new idents?
    Since he already berated the RTE One indents as so bad he could personally do better over on boards.tv, I would have to say no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

cosgrove80 wrote:
    Doubt RTE2 will change anytime soon. They've just started a competition for people to send in ident ideas

http://www.rte.ie/tv/greenroom/index.html

Well I say "competition", the prize seems fairly crap. A certificate followed by jelly and ice cream by the looks of things

That's a disgrace! So basically they're asking for people to submit ideas, they'll pick the best and use it BUT WON'T PAY YOU. WTF???

• Advertisement

dont enter if it upsets you that much

• Subscribers Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Wheels wrote:
    That's a disgrace! So basically they're asking for people to submit ideas, they'll pick the best and use it BUT WON'T PAY YOU. WTF???

Most people would love to get the exposure, it is worth a lot more than the fee to someone starting out I would think.

On the graphics, we'll see some new stuff in the coming months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

It shouldn't have to be worth anything. It's an abuse in power on RTÉ's part because they know there are graphics students out there desperate for their first big break. Were it a decent competition with a possibility of a future in RTÉ graphics department then it would be great for anyone who wished to enter but it's clearly a cheap way of updating their graphics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Having the credit of being the winner of a contest where you won a repeating, nationally broadcast piece on television is still going to be a pretty nice boon to have on your CV.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Wheels wrote:
    It shouldn't have to be worth anything. It's an abuse in power on RTÉ's part because they know there are graphics students out there desperate for their first big break. Were it a decent competition with a possibility of a future in RTÉ graphics department then it would be great for anyone who wished to enter but it's clearly a cheap way of updating their graphics.

How is it an abuse of power? It's giving those people you are talking about the chance of their first break.

It is being run specifically to do that and to let the public have an input. The easiest thing to do would be not to do this and just do it in house, would you be happier then?

Talk about the whinge society..

Advertisement