Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ultimate Face Off - Spoiler Theory

Options
  • 21-02-2007 9:06pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Okay, so Sylar can take anyones powers... and he's going around like a mad man collecting them

But Peter can use any power that he experiences.

So, the season finale, whenever there is one is so totally, in my theory guessitimate, going to be them facing off.

I dont much like Peter's charachter tbh. Sylar is not much better. Hope they kill each other...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭The Roach

If it did come down to a face-off, I'd have to think Peter will have a bit of an advantage. After all, as soon as he and Sylar get near each other, he'll absorb all the powers that Sylar has, and will also have whatever other ones he's picked up along the way.

But yeah, it's be nice to see them kill each other!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Ah, but Sylar obviously has much more control over his powers. Peter is such a wuss and takes an age to understand how to do anything. And he's emotionally tied to half the characters. Whereas Sylar... is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Jesjes wrote:
    Ah, but Sylar obviously has much more control over his powers. Peter is such a wuss and takes an age to understand how to do anything. And he's emotionally tied to half the characters. Whereas Sylar... is not.

but his fight with Isaac showed he is learning how to handle his powers quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I hope Sylar wins, Peter is such a lank haired twat...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I think Peter is going to turn all evil and stuff....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭The Roach

He did seem to lean a bit towards the dark side during the scene with Isaac, but he seems to be getting setup by the writers as the "good guy", the ying to Sylar's yang.

Although it would be a nice twist if it was Sylar that stopped Peter from going nuclear in new york; I'm sure Sylar wouldn't want all the people with abilities dying before he can get to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Seriously? You don't like either of them. I think Sylar is a brilliant character and one of the best bad guys on tv in a long time. Peter has also now become cool,especially the last episode. He can take anyone's powers,although his hair across his face the whole time annoys me. I think a Sylar/Peter fight will be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

syler is stronger peter would not be able to beat him alone

• Registered Users Posts: 81,743 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bad guys are supposed to be stronger. Have you ever read a comic book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I think a Sylar vs Peter face-off has to be on the cards... they're just too perfectly matched power-wise yet completely polar as characters.

If the big bang isn't the season climax then I reckon this fight will have to be. Sylar will be all unpredictable and evil as always, Peter'll be full on emo-boy... Sylar has perfect control over his powers, Peter has control of his long ago absorbed powers but can't really control the ones Sylar has collected. After a fight Sylar gains the upper hand because Peter showed some typical good guy emotional weakness, then just at the end he uses that same good guy emotion to pull it all out of the bag and mess Sylar up.

I reckon the two most powerful characters in the show have to fight it out though.

They have to have a bad guy, so if Sylar goes (which I think he has to, otherwise they'll soon run out of characters) then who's going to be the big bad? Peter turning evil post Sylar slaying? The paper making corp getting all zero tolerance in a post nearly-big-bang world? It'd be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Would peter not have to watch Sylar using a power before he can use it himself, we've seen him throw stuff around now like Sylar but does he know the other stuff that Sylar has not shown him/used in front of him , if Sylar does not get to kill the cop Peter has a huge advantage of being able to read his mind,
    plus as Sylar learns new things does Peter have to meet him again, it could almost be like a software package where Syler Build 7 could beat Peter with his latest updates, for example can peter now Hear like Sylar???? I dont think so.

the latest show was great very impressed with it I wonder will it alway be on earlier in Canada now??

I wonder are they waiting to see how well the show does before these decide how and when it will end, I hope they don't do a "Lost " on the whole thing, however they do seem to answer questions as they go along

Yeah... I wonder how Peter absorbs his powers. Is it by touch? When people use them or does he just absorb them but can't use them unless he knows what it is he's meant to be able to do. Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Didn't he use Parker's ability without knowing about it? He was like "What are you doing to me" or something. He didn't even know he was using the power himself.

True... and he used Claire's power and Claude's power, but that was all when they were in close proximity to him. I wonder what he needs to be able to recall them later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,743 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

check my theory page, nimrods :p

Concerning Sylar, I'm sure Peter can only absorb whichever power Sylar had last active at the time. If that weren't the case, we wouldve been alerted to, for instance, him having Charlie's memory ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Looks like that face off is closer than you may think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfHUYt9uvSU

Best reason to watch the next episode for this thread ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Overheal wrote:
    check my theory page, nimrods :p

Concerning Sylar, I'm sure Peter can only absorb whichever power Sylar had last active at the time. If that weren't the case, we wouldve been alerted to, for instance, him having Charlie's memory ability.

The memory ability is a fairly passive one and since Peter has to think or at least remember that person to use their powers he may not notice it as he's only used Sylar's powers in short bursts (like most of the others)

Didn't the doctor in the paper factory say that the only obvious power Sylar had was telekinetic?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Final battle in the season finale should operate like this:

Sylar takes down Peter and locks him in a room, or some such. He then goes out to join our heroes, pretending to be Peter having taken out Candice and thus fooling everyone around him. Unfortunately he also took out Ted and is now about to go nuclear - it's Sylar-as-Peter we see in the future, not Peter himself.

Now then, a few seconds after that, we'd see Peter appear beside Sylar for the fight. Claude knows he's going to attempt this - which is why we see him striding towards "Peter" in Isaac's vision. Peter, by the way, escaped his locked room using Nikki's latent strenth to break his bonds and Hawkins ability to get through the walls. He can locate Sylar-as-Peter because he's also got Matt's telepathic powers and thus can locate the "fear" generated by everyone else.

So the audience are shocked by the sudden appearance of two Peters. Peter launches himself at Sylar-as-Peter, flying into the air with the almost nuclear man. Using Hiro's absorbed power of teleportation/time travel he transports himself into the future (maybe 300 years into NY's future?) or a desert and wraps himself around Sylar. He's saved, of course, by having also got Claire's ability to heal himself, tested to its limits.

Having saved the world, Peter returns to our time a hero and S1 ends. This way, in my version, everyone gets their power used (through Proxy Peter) for a big finale.

C'mon Kring - you know my idea's good!

Advertisement