Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer keeps crashing

Options
  • 21-02-2007 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

im having problems with my computer,it keeps freezing at random.when i open files or use applications it is taking ages to do anything,then it usually freezes and my only option is to restart it.its also just closing down oblivion and call of duty as i play them.iv ran a few anti-virus programs without it freezing and northon system works 2006 and spybot but they arnt showing up anything. im not sure if it is windows because i only reinstalled a few weeks ago and iv never really done any heavy overclocking...any suggestions how to fix this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try running memtest.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭<bert>

thanks,,wat should this tell me,,,,,,,,i know theres instructions in the read me file but ill probly never get this working

It will check your ram for errors and make sure it is functioning correctly as it could be a cause of some of the problems you are having.

i dont have a floppy disk drive is there any other program dat dosnt require 1

Not sure but you can make a bootable CD and burn it onto there.

• Advertisement

i tink i fixed it anywy i just took out one of the sticks and its working fine now,tanx 4 da help man

Advertisement