Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

all computer files gone! itunes,mydocs .. .the whole lot!

Options
  • 21-02-2007 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

AGH!

i somehow managed to system date my pc and so lost ALL my files , i ve had some one down to get them back but no luck , does anyone know any other ideas for restoring deleted files ?

also , if that cant work - can i put songs from my ipod on to my computer with any software or anything?!

please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Explain what you mean by System Date ?

If the data is important, get someone to take a copy of the HDD (image it) and work from the copy.

Best not to continue using the PC until that is done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Are you talking about in work or on your own PC ? if in work can you call tech support, if its your own can you re-boot to the last known good configuration ?

SM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭hollyhamill

em no its a home pc , right here is what happened, we turned it off to plug innew speakers but i dont think it went off properly so when we unplugged it it ust have lost everything , when we tried to put it back on it did a HP system restore (or something like taht) by itself ....... then it came on like a brand new pc , NOTHING! ......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Looks like you've formatted and reinstalled your PC to it's original setup.

The stuff is gone, but could probably be retrieved by hard drive recovery software.

In non-technical terms.... It's Boned

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Congratulations, you just reinstalled windows.

Usually you are asked two or three times in bold writing Are you sure you want to format your pc, all files will be deleted etc. If that came up and you just kept on clicking yes then your files are gone. It may be possible to retrieve the data at the cost of several times the cost of a new computer by data recovery experts.

• Advertisement

grrrrrrrrr im such an eejit , but i know it didnt saying anything like 'reinstalling will delete files' - for sure! :eek:

i dont know if this would mean anything but all the songs i downloaded from limewire were still in the pc .......?! like 2 or 3 thousand i found when i just searched.:rolleyes:

is there a way to get music from ipod to pc then ? :(

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you're files are still there then did you log in as another user? Or is your data stored on a second partition (like a D: drive in my computer)?

I'm not up on itunes so not too well up on the ipod recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

If your tunes are still there then the rest of your stuff is probably there too, do you know any techies that could have a look for you, silly question but did you search for your other stuff ? Also try searching with wild cards eg. in search use *.doc (will look for all word docs)
    *.xls (will look for all excel files)
    *.* (will look for all files on the drive)

SM

nah dont worry bout that! ask away - yeah i have tried searching for the stuff but all i could find was :

any thing i gotten from limewire ever and everything id shared in limewire ............. ? :(:confused::(:confused:

and no i didnt sign in as anyone else or wih any other drives, i just let the omputer start up iand it did it itself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Well at least you will never forget to do backups in future. Right?

• Advertisement

i guess sooooooo:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

THese is an application you can use to go from Ipod to PC, its pretty nifty:

iPod_Music_Liberator

PM and I can send you on a copy if you want.

Advertisement