Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best LCD T.V here?

Options
  • 21-02-2007 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Hey..

ive been back and forward for the last while thinking whether to get myself a ps3 and big hd lcd or a good gaming pc..and i think ive come to my final decision to rest with the ps3 and lcd..now im looknig to most likely get the lcd out of DID electric or powercity..

1.SAMSUNG LE40R72B
    http://www.didstore.com/store_detail.asp?modelcode=LE40R72B&subid=195

2.PHILIPS 42PF3331
    http://www.didstore.com/store_detail.asp?modelcode=42PF3331&subid=195

3.LG42LC3R
    http://www.didstore.com/store_detail.asp?modelcode=42LC3R&subid=195

These are the tv's that i was mainly looking at in order of preference..the maximum i really would like to spend is 1400euro which is ok for the phillips and lg since they are under 1400euro..but the samsung is a 140euro extra but ive heard that its the best quality out of the three so was really thinking about getting it..but it would take me a bit longer to get the money up for it..

now im just wondering which out fo the three would yous all buy if you where in the same place as me...looking for a HD LCD just for playing the playstation 3 on, not for watching films etc as ive got a 42" plasma down stairs for that..

and what is your overall tought about the tv's?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I have the Samsung and my brother in law the Philips and my wife has commented that she reckons ours is "easier to watch" and that she can see little squares on the philips.
    I have only seen theirs for about 10 minutes and it is a bit stuttery with the Sky satellite but it still has a good picture.

I am very happy with ours and have no issues with it, even the soccer is fairly decent on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Thanks alot for your reply.. helps me out alot with my choice :D

yeah i tought that the samsung had the best quality out of the three..at least now i know its right..ye the samsung probably has smaller pixels than the phillips which would look alot better while playing games..

i read somewhere today that the sasung had two issues with it..the first been that the power supply goes bang after a few months and needs to be fixed..and then the other is with the picture going to the side so the side of the picture been displayed is cut at the the side..i know you said you havent had any issues..but just incase i tought id ask :)

Thanks

Advertisement