Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Podcast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Hiya mate ... before I check this out, is there any other details which may spoil upcoming episodes?
    Thanx. GB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

if you mean falshes before your eyes - yes

if you mean stranger in a stranger in a strange land - no

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I hate that Chris guy. His voice is the most annoying thing I have ever heard.

Anima wrote:

Do you mean Carlton? They're both annoying thb

edit - oh yeah that guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Anima wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree.
    Do you mean Carlton? They're both annoying thb

Chris is the guy that introduces. As for Damon and Carlton, normally their jokes are funny but in this podcast they were joking about banjos too much.

As for
    Des not travelling back in time

I don't know how you got that because Damon does say it did actually happen when talking about
    Desmond travelling back in time.
    It's on lostpedia as well in the podcast summary.

• Advertisement

Listen to podcast...i knew this would happen, damon very clearly says in no uncertain words:

desmond back in 1996 has those flashes of the future, he thinks he has lived them because he is seeing the future but they havn't happened yet, if you think about there is no other possible explanation, the flashback is actually before desmond turns the key, and even if you were to suggest its time travel based on the energy released in the hatch (BTW this is impossible bcasue he only turns the key after the flashback but anyway lets just suppose) then how do explain him travelling forward in time from the past when there is no energy from any hatch/em field to propel him, he gets hit by a bat and his falshback ends.
    Listen again to the podcast there is no mention of time travel from Damon and clearly says that the flashback happens back in 1996 where des see the future and has a chance to change things.
    There may very well be time issues on the island regarding hanso /dharma research and rousseaus teams were also investigating time, this is clouding the issue of desmonds flashbck at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

lost just got very confusing eh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

stevejazz forgot about 20 'ya know''s in his quote there.

The two are gob****es and now it looks like we're going to find out jack **** in the next eppy. Great.

stevejazz forgot about 20 'ya know''s in his quote there.

:)
    The two are gob****es and now it looks like we're going to find out jack **** in the next eppy. Great.

But episode 10 looks really good and there is supposedly a hug twist coming...didn't we hear that last season without anything happening?...oh no wait - michael shot everyone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Michael shooting everyone was a good twist, granted, but it was a bit **** at the same time. The Libby shooting seemed a bit pointless and a waste of a character.

But no, I've seen a couple of pics for episode 10. Looks the business alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Michael shooting everyone was a good twist, granted, but it was a bit **** at the same time. The Libby shooting seemed a bit pointless and a waste of a character.

But no, I've seen a couple of pics for episode 10. Looks the business alright.

The point of killing off Libby was so that she wouldn't have been there when Desmond came back to the island because she would have recognised him.

stevejazzx wrote:
    Listen to podcast...i knew this would happen, damon very clearly says in no uncertain words:

desmond back in 1996 has those flashes of the future, he thinks he has lived them because he is seeing the future but they havn't happened yet, if you think about there is no other possible explanation, the flashback is actually before desmond turns the key, and even if you were to suggest its time travel based on the energy released in the hatch (BTW this is impossible bcasue he only turns the key after the flashback but anyway lets just suppose) then how do explain him travelling forward in time from the past when there is no energy from any hatch/em field to propel him, he gets hit by a bat and his falshback ends.
    Listen again to the podcast there is no mention of time travel from Damon and clearly says that the flashback happens back in 1996 where des see the future and has a chance to change things.
    There may very well be time issues on the island regarding hanso /dharma research and rousseaus teams were also investigating time, this is clouding the issue of desmonds flashbck at the moment.

Here's the transcript:
    Link
    Damon Lindelof: You know, one of the things that we've tried very rarely to do on the show is to, to play something as only having been imagined or dreamed. And you know, I'd, I would, I would say that in the global sense of things, that Desmond, back in, you know back in the, the year 1996, actually had that experience. Now, I would venture to guess that in future flashbacks of Desmond's, that they would be, treated as traditional flashbacks where he doesn't really have any awareness of his destiny, but in this particular instance, uh, we went outside the box a little.

but then he says this:
    Damon Lindelof: Absolutely, but I think what's interesting is there are, there are certain things that happen the way that they used to happen, that he changed as a result of being in the past, that might sort of resonate over time, you know. Like getting hit in the face, instead of the bartender, or the fact that the photograph of he and Penny got take uh - got, got taken the day that he broke up with her. Maybe, maybe in a, in another incarnation there were two photographs, you know. Maybe they, maybe they've, maybe there was a two for.

I don't know what to think of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I haven't listened to the podcast, but from those transcripts, is it fair to say they're just talking absolute muck?

Advertisement