Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate, SG1, Season 10, Episode 17 : Talion [SPOLIERS]

Options
  • 20-02-2007 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭

So what everyone think?

Personally, i thought this was Sg1 back on form.

What did you think of 'Talion', in these the final days of sg1... 18 votes

10 - This is why i watch this show!
    0% 0 votes
    27% 5 votes
    5% 1 vote
    0% 0 votes
    5% 1 vote
    5 - ok, but not like the good ole days.
    22% 4 votes
    27% 5 votes
    0% 0 votes
    11% 2 votes
    1 - SG1 ended a long time ago for me...
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

wasnt too impressed tbh, just didnt really find it entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Did I miss this or something :eek: Can't find it where, ammm, usually is :rolleyes: hopefully appears later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

So-so for me. Bit of a throwback tbh, Teal'c as Charles Bronson yet again. Not quite sure why it was there although I guess the tenuous connection to the Ori explains it. I know that they are doing the DVD but where did the that "new" plot suddenly appear from - with only three episodes left?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

****ing football, I completely forgot about this.

damnit, damnit damnit

ah, I'm sure it will be repeated seven or eight times tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It was ok. Middle of the road Sg-1. The 'mission' was just like 'the good old days' but I thought going back to 'psycho' Teal'c after seeing so much godamn smiling and **** over the past two years was abit irritating. It was like they forgot a few years of development. And that whole Mitchell and Teal'c fight...it looked good but the concept of it annoyed me.

Some funny bits too....like Bratac's 'grandad' pyjamas at the end, and Mitchel's mission summary.
    6 out of 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

IMO, an OK filler but when will they start building up to the DVD film?? :confused:

I did think it was better than some of the rubbish from earlier in the season. For one, Vala said feck all (which is always a good thing ;) and also I thought there were very few cringe worthy moments when characters said something uncharacteristic (Remember last week with Daniel :eek: )

This must have been Teal'cs last major episode - SG1 seems to have been giving episodes to each of its characters over the last few weeks.

5 or 6 out of 10 stuff, nothing more though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

average stuff, it opened well, with lots of jaffa being dead and what looked like they'd just got beat down hard by the ori, then it sorta wandered into almost filler territory.
    The two fights looked pretty good, and i kinda liked the mitchel/t'ealc one, seeing as mitchel spent a while with the Sodan in season 9 he gave a half decent go of things. Different enough for the "T'ealc pwns all and sundry" way that most fights go.

But i have been waiting for something of significance to happen for a few episodes now, and SG1 is really trying my patience. Only three episodes left? right, lets see if they jerk us around some more, and leave everything half interesting for the DVD movie.

Smart money says yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

First 35 minutes, really really promising. Terrible ending. I kept waiting for some interesting twist, but instead i got the run of the mill teal'c getting hit with 4 staff blast, being tortured for a while, then getting up and killing everyone.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Fight scene was cool, if it wasnt completely crap cuz Teal'c was having his ass handed to him just previous to it.

I did like the "Because you are about to explode" line though.

The IOA are such a cop out.

I really hope the screen writers are going somewhere with this.

I am so confused about SGA, was it *not* out?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im getting frustrated with this filler crap: but it was a good episode for teal'c and serves as a decent standalone episode.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Jesjes wrote:
    I am so confused about SGA, was it *not* out?

SGA has finished for this season, with the episode First Strike, about two week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Fantastic. I haven't seen this much blood in an episode of SG-1 since Sha're gave birth...
    Loved the line:"I am leaving, you are about to explode"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

PLZ DONT TALK ABOUT FUTURE EPISODES OF SGA IN A AN SG1 THREAD PLZTHX.

yeah so anyways, i thought it was great, back to basics like...proper action and some nice teal'c action.

i don't see why ppl feel the need to have the show return to the ori storyline? thats all gonna be dealt with in the movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Because things like this are supposed to climax at the end after a long build up tbh.

And it is pretty silly to creat an enemy as powerful as the Ori, steam rolling through the galaxy and they have time to piss around with these stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Well in fact the thing is its building up suspense, as we still dont knwo the current state of the Ori, as they are possibly destroyed, we still need to wait and see what their followers are planning...

the current state is Boooooorrriinng. Wrap it up; lets go home.

Im butting my beans into SgA-4. Should prove to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

robnubis wrote:
    as we still dont knwo the current state of the Ori, as they are possibly destroyed, we still need to wait and see what their followers are planning...

Well, that in a nut-shell is the problem. For the last few episodes we haven't seen any Ori activity at all, only pointless stand alone fillers. I wouldn't mind so much if the fillers were good, but they have been average at best.

I wouldve expected those ori warship to go straight to earth...they seem pretty vengeful and all that: why all this love and forgive crap that must be going on? Total bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I actually thought this was quite a good episode, good to see tel'c doing his stuff.

"I am leaving because you are about to explode"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Very "meh". They had a promising baddie character that they could have used well as a face for the Ori in the long absense of the Orici, and instead they reduced him to what was essentially another Tanith.

Some nice bad-ass Teal'c though, and it looks like Mitchell needs a refresher course on his Sodan combat, but thats about it really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement