Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet issue

Options
  • 20-02-2007 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭

Mate of mine just got a perlico braodband connection, and when you get into t'internet it's all well behaved and plays nice................but here's where it gets funny

if you click on any of the shortcuts for launching Internet Explorer it comes up with the Microsoft I've found a problem doodah. You can get online by foing into windows explorer and clicking on the favourites tab in the toolbar and selecting any of the links and it allows you in but if you're redirected from to a seperate site (ie youtube etc, new window) you get the found a problem doodah again. tis a bit weird to be honest. The pc uses XP Home Edition SP1 but other than that is fine.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

And what is the problem it's reporting?

In Options, go to Connections tab, then LAN Settings, and ensure that "automatically detect settings" is ticked. Also, make sure that "Never dial a connection" is enabled.

Other than that, I dunno, as you haven't said what the error is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

byte wrote:
    And what is the problem it's reporting?

In Options, go to Connections tab, then LAN Settings, and ensure that "automatically detect settings" is ticked. Also, make sure that "Never dial a connection" is enabled.

Other than that, I dunno, as you haven't said what the error is.

Had checked both of them. Can't remember the exact error, just the internet explorer has found an error and needs to close pop up window. Will get the error text tmrw evening though.

Advertisement