Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Power Irish Open Satelite €225 + €25 Freezeout!

Options
  • 20-02-2007 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society etc.) Four of a kind Poker

2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.) Commercial

3. Date and Location of event: 4th March, May Queen, Tubbercurry, Co.Sligo

4. Registration and Start time of event. Registration from 4pm, Game starts @ 5pm sharp

5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc) No

6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.) Tickets purchased on the day.

7. Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc.) Texas Hold'em Freezeout!

8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc. €225

9. Cost of registration. €25

10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund. 100%

11. Any guarenteed prize pool. NO

12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. N/A

13. Starting Chips 12,000

14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. N/A

15. Blind levels. See below.

16. Blind timeframes. 30 minutes all the way.

17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc). 1 guaranteed ticket for every 15 players entered.

18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill. Dealer dealt from start to finish.

19. Will there be a documented list of rules. Yes

20. Is there a tournament director. Yes

21. How are disputes handled - who has final say. TD

Blind structure:

25/50, 50/100, 75/150, 100/200, 150/300, 200/400, 300/600, 400/800, 500/1000, 800/1500, 1000/2000, 1500/3000, 2000/4000, 3000/6000, 4000/8000...etc...

Blinds will be capped at the tournament directors discretion to allow the slow structure to continue.

For every 15 people that register, 1 guaranteed ticket will be given out. If you win a ticket you will not be offered its cash value as an alternative.

We expect to give out at least 2 tickets on the day!

Excess cash will be paid out to other high placed finishers.

Each table will be dealer dealt from start to finish. All dealers are very competent and experienced.

The Venue is the function room at the back of the May Queen Pub, in Tubbercurry, Co.Sligo
    This will ensure full privacy for the duration of the satelite and has its own bar facility.

This satelite promises to be the slowest structure and the best value for money tournament of its kind in operation at this time.

To further information regarding this satelite or to pre-register your name, contact the following:

Carlo Cretaro 0868633592

Keith O' Rourke 0863002811

David Murphy 0877432220

Hope to see ye there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

The 4th March is a Sunday. Forgot to mention that.

Also worth mentioning that we get on average of about 40 runners for all our events and a good few of those regulars are playing in this satelite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭96offsuit

hi guys

ill definitely see ye there. looking forward to it again as last years satellite was such a good game even if i only finished 5th. there is great value in it and i know at least a few more of my mates that are interested as well.

hope that everyone that says they are going to be there turns up as it will be the best chance for a seasoned pro like me( lol) to get into the event and sure if i cant qualify whats €3500??? i often spent it on a good pair of shoes.

P. S. the shoes i have on now cost €29.99:)

best of luck with it and see ye there.

johnny

Hey John

Good to hear from you. Its been a while. Yeah there has been a good response to the satellite so far. We decided to up the initial starting stack by 2k this year just to give that extra value. I'll PM you later on mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

96offsuit wrote:
    hi guys

ill definitely see ye there. looking forward to it again as last years satellite was such a good game even if i only finished 5th. there is great value in it and i know at least a few more of my mates that are interested as well.

hope that everyone that says they are going to be there turns up as it will be the best chance for a seasoned pro like me( lol) to get into the event and sure if i cant qualify whats €3500??? i often spent it on a good pair of shoes.

P. S. the shoes i have on now cost €29.99:)

best of luck with it and see ye there.

johnny
    lol at this post.

• Advertisement

Carlo, will you pre-register 3 more for this satellite as well as myself? I can vouch for them that they will def play. was talking to them yesterday and they're travelling from athlone. i gave them your number and website address.

cheers
    Johnny

96offsuit wrote:
    Carlo, will you pre-register 3 more for this satellite as well as myself? I can vouch for them that they will def play. was talking to them yesterday and they're travelling from athlone. i gave them your number and website address.

cheers
    Johnny

Sound. Thats no problem dude. They rang me about an hour ago, so I'm booking them into a B+B in Tubber. Are you ok for accomodation for the night...or are you staying off the beer and actually going to try and play this time? :D lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

lol at this post.

i will raise your lol with lllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllll

i will raise your lol with lllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllll

What seems to be so funny? Obviously I was taking the mick with that message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

96offsuit wrote:
    What seems to be so funny? Obviously I was taking the mick with that message.

you had lol at yourself in your post, goodlucktome called your lol and i reraised all in with llllllllllloooooooooolllllllllllllll standard play i thought:D :D

• Advertisement

you had lol at yourself in your post, goodlucktome called your lol and i reraised all in with llllllllllloooooooooolllllllllllllll standard play i thought:D :D

I would have just flat called. But then again i probably got the wrong read! ;)

Also worth mentioning that we get on average of about 40 runners for all our events and a good few of those regulars are playing in this satelite.

We are near the 20 mark so far for people that said they are playing next sunday. Just have to hope that they keep their word.

Can safetly say there will be 20+ playing in this next sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

All in lol from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭pokeroptimist

I have to say i'll be very interested in playing in this satellite! Fair do's on the tournament structure look's like it favour's good player's you what they say long grass & all....:D :D

I have to say i'll be very interested in playing in this satellite! Fair do's on the tournament structure look's like it favour's good player's you what they say long grass & all....:D :D

Yeah thats what we set about doing when we set up. Decent, slow structured tournaments to allow "poker" to be played from start to finish. Plus for a €250 event you want to get good value for your buy in.

We had a good response to our advertising campaign so far and looks like it could hit the 30+ mark at this stage...but that remains to be seen on the day :eek:

If you require anymore info we'll be more than happy to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭pokeroptimist

Yeah thats what we set about doing when we set up. Decent, slow structured tournaments to allow "poker" to be played from start to finish. Plus for a €250 event you want to get good value for your buy in.

We had a good response to our advertising campaign so far and looks like it could hit the 30+ mark at this stage...but that remains to be seen on the day :eek:

If you require anymore info we'll be more than happy to help.

Count me in for this guys. I may have another friend coming as well but he's not sure yet. See you sunday.

Count me in for this guys. I may have another friend coming as well but he's not sure yet. See you sunday.

No problem dude. Chat you sunday.

bump!

Thanks to everyone that played yesterday. We had 28 runners, so managed to give out 2 tickets to the main event. Congrats to Micheal O'Hara and Brendan McHugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

how did you get two tickets at 3150 each? you realise they are 3500 and not 3000?

how did you get two tickets at 3150 each? you realise they are 3500 and not 3000?

Sorry forgot to mention in that post that everyone decided to pay an extra €25 each and therefore 2 tickets were available...rather than one ticket and a load of cash prizes.
    Everyone was more than pleased that there was 2 tickets instead of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Played in this tournament.

Really good value. In fact exceptional value and a perfect turnout. The lads are most definitely not in it for the money thats for sure......12,000 starting stack, 30 minute clock and not one level skipped.

Really would like to see lots more players supporting your tournaments lads, nicely done.

Hope I can make it to the next one.

carfax wrote:
    Played in this tournament.

Really good value. In fact exceptional value and a perfect turnout. The lads are most definitely not in it for the money thats for sure......12,000 starting stack, 30 minute clock and not one level skipped.

Really would like to see lots more players supporting your tournaments lads, nicely done.

Hope I can make it to the next one.

Appreciate that Steve! And the three of us are heading down Sunday to your satellite. We've put the flyers around Boyle and Tubbercurry for you, and we'll spread the word on Thursday night as well.
    Thanks for your help Sunday as well buddy.

Advertisement