Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saving videos from youtube.

Options
  • 20-02-2007 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I know this was up for discussion before, but I cant seem to be able to find the thread.
    Can anyone please tell me how I can save videos to desktop from Youtube?

I'd appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I'm sure theres a way to do it with IE too but if you use firefox you can download a plugin (I use VideoDownloader) that will allow you to download the files in a .FLV format, you can either watch these files using FLV player of convert them to a different format using a media converter.

Hope this helps, of course you should only do this with non-copyrighted material, ya' kno' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

Just copy the link to the youtube video (or any flash video) into that website and it'll open the download dialogue.

Handy tip: VLC plays .FLV files once downloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Zapho wrote:
    http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

Just copy the link to the youtube video (or any flash video) into that website and it'll open the download dialogue.

Handy tip: VLC plays .FLV files once downloaded.

Handy link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

UnPlug for Firefox also, think it works with the other plugins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

thank you all kindly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Answered in the FAQ btw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement