Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish/EU Laws on digital copyright are unjust

Options
  • 20-02-2007 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello.
    "Irish/EU Laws on digital copyright are unjust"

I'm currently helping to put together a presentation on the above topic; and I was just curious to see what some of the opinions are.

I understand that due to the fact I'm asking this on an online forum; there will most likely be a disproportionate response for this statement but still, fire away!

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Hi,

I'd take a look at www.digitalrights.ie and see if there are any articles on the topic there. There's definitely some remarks on the matter.

I suspect that you will find more on Data Retention there.

The IPR-ED or Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement Directive tends to lean towards patent holders and I believe there are proposed criminal sections coming on stream in Brussles.

I certainly agree with you re: aspects of injustice. A few trade associations have written papers on the topic of IPR they include www.ectaportal.com, http://www.euroispa.org/23.htm scroll down and you'll find some papers and slides on the topic.

Tom

Advertisement