Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you use wireless keyboard in DOS?

Options
  • 19-02-2007 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I have the Logitech Cordless Desktop S510. I'm trying to boot into my Drive Image CD so when I boot my pc (with cd in drive) I get a message saying hit any key to boot the CD. However when I press keys on my keyboard I get no response and the PC boots back to windows aaggggghhhhhhhhhhh...

This is driving me mad. Anyone shed any light?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Well look at it this way , You can put together a brand new pc , connect the wireless keyboard and mouse up with absolutely no operating system on the machine and boot up and go into the Bios for setup , the keyboard works fine , likewise when setting up the hard drive with Fdisk or similar , so the keyboard should be operating system independant , wireless or no !!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If it's a PS/2 keyboard there should be no problem.

USB on the other hand is only out 12 years so you check the BIOS for a legacy USB support option.

Since you haven't got as far as the boot loader it's not a windows problem -moving.

Advertisement