Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using tv as a second monitor

Options
  • 19-02-2007 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Lads any body had any experience using a HDTV as a second monitor, im trying to configure it but it just looks crap

Its a 26'' samsung
    Dual DVI video Card

i have a DVI to HDMI cable for the tv as well

Video card is a nvidia 7800gt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Which model?

The LE26R72B has a native resolution of 1366 x 768. As usual with LCDs, you need to configure your graphics card to drive it at native resolution for best results. Depending on your driver, this may or may not be possible: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=656928

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

ye thats similar to the problems im experiencing,

My model is the LE26R72B, thanks for that, ill fiddle around with it tonight and see if i can get it working properly.

Im using the latest Nvidia drivers so hopefully i can mess around with it and find the native resolutions, for the TV.

When you try to stretch it out or scale it it looks terrible man.

Anybody else have any helpful tips

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

1366x768 is normally not possible as it is not a computer resolution however you can force it as a custom resolution.

Alternatively try 1360x768 or 1368x768 as resolutions and see how they fair.

I had the LE26R72B at one point just so you know it is not possible to force the 1366x768 over VGA only HDMI & the max supported over VGA is 1360x768 though 1280x720 looked just fine for the most part to me. Only text was a little off running at that resolution but still readable.

To force custom resolutions open the NV control panel and select "advanced view" from the drop down box if it says "standard view".

Now go into display and select "manage custom timings" tick the box for
    Treat as HDTV
    Allow modes not exposed by the display

Now click create & try out the custom resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Sweet ill give it a go as soon as i get home, looking forward to having a decent setup!

Thanks 8t8 & Snowbat

Cheers

Advertisement