Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a .NKS file and how do i open it?

Options
  • 19-02-2007 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Got software dvd with some demos of products, quite large files, 4gigs or so but there in .nks file format which ive never seen or heard of. Any ideas how i go about opening or extracting them would be greatly appreciated?? software urgently needed for my thesis!!!

Cheers,

Johnny.l

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

PLATINUM INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Posted Feb 8th 2005

STEP 1 - Run the appropriate installer on disc 1 of each module and follow the prompts.

STEP 2 - On each DVD there are one to three files that end in .nks. These files should all be copied so that they sit *next to* the "multis" and "instruments" folders in each library folder. These folders were created in the install process. They are called EWQLSO Strings Library, EWQLSO Strings Library, EWQLSO Strings Library, EWQLSO Strings Library,Make sure you copy these files from all of the 19 DVDs.

STEP 3 - Download the MAC or WINDOWS DFD extension V.1.29 located at the top of the page. Note: If you already have a Kompakt Library that uses DFD then you do not need to install it again.

STEP 4 - Run the DFD installer. Open the Kompakt software for each module. To optimize DFD (streaming from hard disk) performance select the "options" button next to the "DFD" indicator, select DFD, increase the "reserved voices" to 248 and "apply" (before you load any instruments).

STEP 5 - Launch Kompakt for each module (SOStrings, SOBrass, etc.) On first launch you may need to point the software to the library folders. To do this select the "options" button next to the "DFD" indicator, select "settings". At the bottom of this window you will see the words "not set". Select the button to the left of this text. Navigate to the library folder for each respective module. Select this folder and click "choose". You will then be asked to restart Kompakt. To optimize DFD (streaming from hard disk) performance select the "options" button next to the "DFD" indicator, select DFD, increase the "reserved voices" to 248 and click "apply" (before you load any instruments).

STEP 6 - Register each module. Open the registration application which is in each of the module folders. These are inside an East West folder installed in the applications or programs folder. If your computer is online then click register now and you will be taken to the registration website. If this is your first registration choose first time registration. Fill out the following pages. On the last page you will be given your registration key. These are two lines of numbers that you now copy from the web page and paste into the registration application with the paste from clipboard button near the bottom of its window. Now click complete and you are all ready to use the software. You will also receive an email with a username an password for accessing update downloads. If are already registered with Native Instruments then choose additional registration and log in with your username and password and complete the forms.

If your computer is not online then click the save registration file button and this will write an HTML document to your desktop. Copy this file to a disk to move it to a computer that is online. Open this flle and it will take you to the registration site to register.

Would that be it?
    source: http://www.soundsonline.com/EWQLSO-Platinum-Updates-p-100.html
    Thats about all google is throwing up on the file extention nks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 johnnycool

Thanks for the reply ab___cork,

But it doesnt help, seen that one already, thers is no installation process, just three 1.5gb files sitting on the disk! no way to open them and squat on the net about what they are, thanks anyway.

Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I think you need to install software called kontakt2 to use the files. Is it meant to be some kind of audio software yes? get the demo from here http://www.native-instruments.com/loml35.demo or if that link wont work go here http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=kontakt_us&flash=9 and press pc demo over on the left.

If it is not related to this software then I have no clue because google is not throwing up anything else

Cheers,

I saw that too, Its engineering software so i have know idea why its in this format, starting to have my doubts.

anyone else has any ideas please let me know, thanks again ab___cork

Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I use Kontakt and .nks is a Kontakt Script file IIRC, just plain text so I don't think what you have there is related to Kontakt as a kontakt script wouldn't be that huge. Sorry I can't help you more than that.

• Advertisement

Thanks anyway,

il keep scouring the net hopefully il find something :(

Advertisement