Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems after partitioning HD

Options
  • 19-02-2007 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hello all,

I am in bad need of some help, I have just tried to partition my harddrive using partition magic, and my system wont boot up now, blue screen. I tried to partiton the NTFS partition that windows is installed on and I wanted to create a partition that I could install linux on. So I put the partition on after the NTFS one and placed the Linux swap file before the linux one and after the NTFS one. Then I hit return and the system went to reboot, a screen came up and showed that it was doing 1 of 4 operations(partition magic). the machine didnt boot, then the screen did not finish the 4 operations. 3 failed and now my machine will boot as far as the windows xp logo and then the blue screen shoots up.

I have my xp disk which I can boot from but that will only get me to the recovery console.

Before anyone asks, Yes I was that stupid to do this without rescue disks:(

All the help would be much appreciated..

Regards

Danny

Comments

Advertisement