Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battle of the Bands in Dundalk

Options
  • 19-02-2007 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hullo folks,

Just a quick post to let ye Dundalk folk know about a Battle of the Bands, called "Head to Head" being run by Dundalk FM in conjunction with the Dundalk Media Centre, the Hotel Imperial, Good Time Charlies and Tumbleweed Studios here in Dundalk.

It's taking place in Silence Night-club in the Hotel Imperial on Wednesday the 21st and Thursday the 22nd of Feb, entry is a paltry 5 euro per person each night - it'll be a great nights entertainment with some fantastic prizes on offer for the winning band!

15 of the best local Dundalk bands will be taking part and I, myself, will be hosting/MC'ing the night - along with the beautiful Victoria Kingsley-O'Hagan - which will be recorded (both audio and video) for later editing and production on video DVD and radio broadcast.

More info available in a post at my blog here and at the Dundalk FM site here

Check it out! Support local music, local radio and local venues! Get your arses down there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

all ages?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh any more info.....not on either your blog or the dundalk fm website..

What time is it starting at?
    Is it all ages?
    will alchohal be served?
    is it all just taking part in silence, nothing in good time charlies?
    How many bands in each night?

a friend who enquired about it somewhere was told its 18+,student id required

theres me gone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Muchos apologias... haven't been keeping an eye on this thread.

Because it's being held in a night club, it IS 18's and over. There is a bar open.

The second night of it is tonight with the head to head final at the end of the night.

I made a mistake in my original post also - there are SIXTEEN bands - 8 per night.

Doors open at 8pm, with the first band on stage at 8.55pm.

i hate the fact the AOH isnt open anymore........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Who won??? :)

The winners were new local band, the "Brewhouse Blues Band".

More here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Here they are performing Led Zeppelin’s “Communication Breakdown”

class song to be playing, any chance you know when the gig is in good time charlies, its about time i got to see a band that doesnt play the usual crap

draffodx wrote:
    class song to be playing, any chance you know when the gig is in good time charlies, its about time i got to see a band that doesnt play the usual crap

Dunno when the Charlie's gig is, but they're playing a gig this coming Sunday in town somewhere and they're playing Oriel Park soon (after a match). I'll get more details and post them soon.

Advertisement