Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wire transfers...

Options
  • 19-02-2007 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

I have reason to need to wire an amount of money to a foreign bank, from a domestic account.
    Can I just wander into my local branch (with all the account details etc) fill out a form and do it that way? Or is it a bit more complex than that...
    Can't seem to find much useful info on my bank's website.
    Also, what sort of commission is usually charged on wired transfers?
    Any help much appreciated...

PS; please do not suggest alternative methods...it's this way or no-way at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Can I just wander into my local branch (with all the account details etc) fill out a form and do it that way
    yup..

They will charge you, 'x' to get the transfer done in a few days, and 'y' to have it done the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭vigos

just get the BIC and IBAN numbers for the account you want to transfer to and you can either do a money transfer in branch or online ( I think AIB and NIB offer this).

Once you have the BIC IBAN numbers it shouldn't be too costly, I think I was charged 50 cents although its alot more expensive if you want it sent faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hells_Belle

We're waiting on a transfer of funds from the UK to an Irish bank account. I have no idea if it was sent the fast way or the slow way. What is the average time for each?

Is there a difference between BIC and SWIFT transfers?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hells_Belle

To answer my own question: our wire transfer from the UK was sent on Wednesday and arrived today, Friday - so as this morning TSB ripped my stomach out by telling me it could take up to 10 working days, I am absolutely delighted.

Advertisement