Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotmail account wiped - standard practice

Options
  • 19-02-2007 1:08pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I logged in to hotmail for the first time in about two months to try and find the address of someone in my contacts list but found everything in my account had been deleted - mails, addresses etc., even though my login/password still worked. An account had been 'reserved' for me, they said.

Is this normal, to wipe a few KBs of mails just like that? Is this how they make room to offer 1GB of space nowadays?

I don't particularly care, but would still like to find that address - is there any way to do it? My MSN account still works, BTW, but this person is not an MSN messenger user.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Yeah I think they delete them after 30 days of non-usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah its normal, you have to pay to stop this from happening. AFAIK gmail doesn't do this.

Advertisement