Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertility Theory

Options
  • 19-02-2007 11:44am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭

My take on what's going on:

The island used to be a place for Dharma to do the experiments we've seen described in the videos. However, they've all been abandoned for some time due to a change in focus.

I think there's more to the 70 year old womb in a 23 year olds body seen by Juliet in her interview. They mentioned her getting a make rat pregnant also, which led some to think that perhaps they wanted Juliet to do womb transplants or some such, and that it was a 70 year olds womb transplanted into a 23 year old.

I think that the womb wasn't a transplant. I think that it's been prematurely aged by a disease or virus, and that Dharma have discovered that this is going to spread and become a global pandemic which will effect all women, essentially wiping out the human race, in a Children of Men type scenario.

The island would provide an ideal place to bring people as it has established healing properties. Ideal safe quarentine zone to introduce the virus to people and observe it being healed? Reverse engineer a cure? Perhaps the injections witnessed on Claire are to innoculate her child against the virus?

As for the time thing...
    Perhaps time is slowed down on the island, allowing them more time to work, and when Desmond flicked the switch, the time sped back up either permanently or temporarily. Not sure how the time thing fits in tbh.

Anyway, what you all think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Good theory, fitz, I think you could be on to something here. The Others are definitely interested in fertility and babies, as we've seen with Claire and when they took the French woman's baby.

In light of this, why did they really take Kate & Sawyer? Jack was taken to operate on Ben but why the other two? Why go to all the trouble of capturing Sawyer only to try to execute him? Maybe he had already done what they needed him to - when he made sweet, sweet love to Kate (lucky git), maybe he made her pregnant. I didn't see a condom machine in the cage.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭fitz

I think part of the reason they took them was to get them all loved up so they could be used to manipulate Jack into performing the operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

fitz wrote:
    I think part of the reason they took them was to get them all loved up so they could be used to manipulate Jack into performing the operation.

if you think about it in desmonds episode the old lady said to him that everyone has a path and that they can't do anything about it and that it'll eventually happen. Maybe the others know what the people on the islands path's are and they brought Kate and Sawyer together cause they knew it would happen.

A bit more adventurous was that when locke had a flashback where he couldn't speak he was in the airport and kate and sawyer were together which would suggest that locke possibly can see what people's paths are... but that's just my imagination running wild

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Great theory

Advertisement