Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen Upside-Down

Options
  • 19-02-2007 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭

A relative of mine said they turned on their pc over the weekend only to find the screen upside down, basically turned 180 on its head. How might i advise them to change it back....any settings to be changed etc?? (Oh and I dont have info on their system or monitor unfortunately).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Seem this before.

Many graphics cards come with a utility to allow you rotate the screen some of which have a hot key attached it it.

On the bottom right of his screen there is probably a utility running for the graphics card. In there will be the answer.

If that is not there, it is possible it is a setting on the monitor itself. Check menu buttons on the front of the monitor.

It might also be possible that the monitor is not plugged into the back of the computer correctly.

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Does he use anti virus and keep it up to date, could be a Trojan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

From the desktop try the following -
    Right click
    properties
    "Advanced"
    Check for an option in these tabs that would cause the screen to change orientation.

A friend of mine used to do this with all the college compters .... bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Does he use anti virus and keep it up to date, could be a Trojan

I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Ok it turned out it was the graphics card properties like shane said....and i reckon he must have hit the hot key (ctrl+alt+down :rolleyes: ) to rotate 180

cheers lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement