Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Astra Sportshatch Panoramic Windscreen

Options
  • 19-02-2007 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Your advice would be appreciated please. Am thinking about trading in for a Opel Astra Sportshatch and really like the pics and reviews I've seen re the optional panoramic windscreen. However, the reaction I get from salesguys in Opel garages when I enquire about the Panoramic Windscreen is usually a wry smile followed up with "well we dont sell many of those". This panoramic windscreen comes as an expensive optional extra at €1800.

Does anyone know if there is an issue with this panoramic windscreen as I get the feeling that there is something the salesguys are not telling me?:confused:

Also does anyone know when the restyled Opel front grilles will come into the Irish market?

Views would be most appreciated. Thank-you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

that's not panoramic, it just allows you to see more above you. this would be a detriment to your driving rather than a plus, what with the increased glare and the less substantial roof structure above you. why do you want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

As I occassionally drive something with a massive bus like windscreen, I can see the attraction in the Opel one.
    As long as it has a good solution for the sunvisor question, I'd want one too.

1800 euro is a bit steep though and it would most likely be harder to sell, as conservative as the market is around here

Zommmmbie thread!

I'm in a position where I'm looking to get my 1st new car. I'm a fairly avid plane-spotter so I would actually find good use for the panoramic windscreen (coupled with a scanner and TCAS signal detector). Since it's been out a while, has anyone here got any experience owning an Opel Astra with the Panoramic Windscreen? Is it bad for driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Zommmmbie thread!

I'm in a position where I'm looking to get my 1st new car. I'm a fairly avid plane-spotter so I would actually find good use for the panoramic windscreen (coupled with a scanner and TCAS signal detector). Since it's been out a while, has anyone here got any experience owning an Opel Astra with the Panoramic Windscreen? Is it bad for driving?
    Please read the charter and don't resurrect old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement