Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSS feeds in Thunderbird dead

Options
  • 19-02-2007 12:31am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I noticed last night that the RSS feeds in my Thunderbird account are dead - that is to say that they're not notifying me of any new articles.

There haven't been any changes made to my computer besides a RAM upgrade, and they worked after that - my mail is still coming in fine too.

It's also not a case of there being no new articles, there are sites that I know have put some stuff up and two of my feeds are RTE News and BBC News, the latter of which always has new articles on it.

The version is version 1.5.0.9 (20061207); using WinXP SP 2 etc.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the programme to see if that made any odds but it didn't - that said it mustn't have been a full uninstall as all my feeds, extensions and settings were still there when I came back.

Any ideas on what's going on, I don't think the programme has been updated recently, but could it be that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Thunderbird itself hasn't been updated in a while.

Your profile would likely have survived the reinstall. Its to be found in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Thunderbird. If you try backing that up (to save the feed locations) and deleting it, see if that has any effect. This will remove all your extensions, etc as well btw.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Thanks for that - I moved the folder with my RSS feeds, let Thunderbird re-create the folder itself (which was then empty, of course) and dropped the feeds in manually from my backup... everything's working fine now.

The only thing I can find that could have caused the problem is one of the feeds... it was to the BBC Editors Blog, but while still appearing on my Thunderbird account before the change around, there was no feed named after it in my folder... just one feed with a string of numbers (where the other feed files had the name I used for them on them).

Anyway - it's all sorted now, thanks again.

Advertisement