Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus route 46N

Options
  • 18-02-2007 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

howdy guys
    just moved into sandycove, round breffni road and was wondering what the nearest stop on the 46n would be for me, as usual the dublin bus site just says dun laoire dart station and dalkey and nowhere in between! somebody told me it stops at sandycove dart station but does it stop either on albert road or glasthule/sandycove/breffni road on the way to dalkey village at all?

thanks a mill

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i know from my experiance, they ususally stop anywhere, they wont pick up people everywhere, bt they stop to let people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Nitelink services stop only at bus stops en route, not quite "anywhere"!

They serve all bus stops en route to set down but only at some designated stops to pick up.

The 46N will set down at all stops en route from Dun Laoghaire to Dalkey terminus (it follows the 59 route to Dalkey).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

thanks guys, im used to the nitelink just not the 46n/59 route, thats the problem! so i was wondering what roads it passes etc. as i usually get the dart in and out of town so dont know the way the bus goes. checked up the 59 route on db.ie (thx kc!) and it seems to pass breffni road so im in luck, ah well sure if i'm staggering round lost at 4am some morning it wouldnt be the worst thing, eh? thanks guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

Quick tip is if you are getting the DART in you should be able to get a DART in/nightlink home ticket obviously if you have a weekly/monthly already its no advantage. Of course don't forget annual Bus tickets are valid on nightlink

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

thanks guys, im used to the nitelink just not the 46n/59 route, thats the problem! so i was wondering what roads it passes etc. as i usually get the dart in and out of town so dont know the way the bus goes. checked up the 59 route on db.ie (thx kc!) and it seems to pass breffni road so im in luck, ah well sure if i'm staggering round lost at 4am some morning it wouldnt be the worst thing, eh? thanks guys :)

The 46N comes up Marine Road from the DART station in Dun Laoghaire, left onto Upper Georges Street, and then straight to Dalkey along Summerhill Road, Glasthule Road, Breffni Road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

thanks again guys - so much more helpful that dublin bus!

Advertisement