Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tubridy again....

Options
  • 18-02-2007 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭

Did anyone catch what Fionnula Flanagan called "vertically chalanged "people last night ? GNOMES !!! come on, a place and time for that sort of stuff, if it was said by david brent it would be funny, funny because it was said to get a giggle, but in a serious interview...........Shocking !! :eek: back to la la land with ya !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Who's Fionnula Flanagan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

sudzs wrote:
    Who's Fionnula Flanagan?
    Irish actress living in Holywood, about 65 years old, was in the others, played the housekeeper/nanny, due to be in Lost this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

oleras wrote:
    if it was said by david brent it would be funny

look, i spotted a double standard. why is it ok for one person to say it but not another?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

Mossy Monk wrote:
    look, i spotted a double standard. why is it ok for one person to say it but not another?
    Because she was serious; whereas The Office is suppossed to be funny, therefore it would have been said as a joke. Do you understand the difference between a sitcom & real life?

Mossy Monk wrote:

Ok, let me put it this way, if i tell you a joke about............say, a schoolyard, a 6 year old and a bag of pick and mix...it would be funny, if a child molester recalled in an interview how he lured his victims with a bag of sweets, not funny. get it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I didn't see the interview. Do you think she said this on purpose to annoy short people, or because she is prejudiced against short people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Futureman wrote:
    Because she was serious; whereas The Office is suppossed to be funny, therefore it would have been said as a joke. Do you understand the difference between a sitcom & real life?

not at all. and a serious interview on Tubridy? now thats comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tails142

Ok, let me put it this way, if i tell you a joke about............say, a schoolyard, a 6 year old and a bag of pick and mix...it would be funny, if a child molester recalled in an interview how he lured his victims with a bag of sweets, not funny. get it ?

Hmm, havent you just made his point for him, he was saying that something which is funny in one context would not be in the other. I.E. David Brent saying something along the lines of; "Yeah I work with gnomes, no problem because, yeah, they've got little hands and that comes in useful sometimes" as opposed to, "Yeah I work with gnomes, its great that they can do something with their lives dahling".

Either way I dont care about gnomes - or calling them whatever, isnt it a curable condition relating to the pituitary gland that can be easily diagnosed at a young age?? If so I think their parents punishment for not sending their son to a competent doctor and get it sorted should be to have their own legs amputated at the knees!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Futureman

Tails142 wrote:
    Either way I dont care about gnomes - or calling them whatever, isnt it a curable condition relating to the pituitary gland that can be easily diagnosed at a young age??

Gnomes aren't real, you plonker! They're mythical creatures. haha.

I guess you missed the whole point of the topic: out of ignorance, Fionnula Flanagan thought dwarves/midgets were the same as gnomes.

Tails142 wrote:
    Hmm, havent you just made his point for him, he was saying that something which is funny in one context would not be in the other. I.E. David Brent saying something along the lines of; "Yeah I work with gnomes, no problem because, yeah, they've got little hands and that comes in useful sometimes" as opposed to, "Yeah I work with gnomes, its great that they can do something with their lives dahling".

Either way I dont care about gnomes - or calling them whatever, isnt it a curable condition relating to the pituitary gland that can be easily diagnosed at a young age?? If so I think their parents punishment for not sending their son to a competent doctor and get it sorted should be to have their own legs amputated at the knees!!

Good lord.....what was that about ? STFU !

• Advertisement
Advertisement