Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elliott Smith rarities album in May

Options
  • 18-02-2007 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Entitled New Moon, tracklist as follows:
    Disc 1

Angel In The Snow
    Talking To Mary
    High Times
    New Monkey
    Looking Over My Shoulder
    Going Nowhere
    Riot Coming
    All Cleaned Out
    First Timer
    Go By
    Miss Misery (early version)
    Thirteen

Disc 2

Georgia Georgia
    Whatever (Folk Song in C)
    Big Decision
    Placeholder
    New Disaster
    Seen How Things Are Hard
    Fear City
    Either/Or
    Pretty Mary K (other version)
    Almost Over
    See You Later
    Half Right

Hell. Yes. More details at www.sweetadeline.net

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Really unsure bout this i have most of these songs already granted the versions are old but some of them have been around for years and it'll be interesting to see if it's just a money spinner. Hope there are some finished versions on there... But i suppose all elliott is good elliott.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Yeah, a lot of this has already been released for the public domain! I found a great site a while back with loads of demos including Either/Or etc! <snip> which were all released legally. Nice to see them touched up a bit though even though as they stand these recordings are very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I'm looking forward to it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fantastic stuff... i've got a load of his rare stuff from <snip> too.

But i'll definitely be buying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

There's nothing on that site to suggest it's legal (the "if something of yours is here and you want it taken down" bit doesn't inspire confidence), please don't link to it here.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I do think what they link to are legal downloads, and they supply links to sites to purchase the music that is still availible in the shops etc! But I can understand if your doubtfull and won't link to it again.

Anyway...back on to topic...

Out of the tracklisting above "Either/Or" is a brilliant track and so is "Georgia Georgia"!! Looking forward to this coming out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,064 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

In the links & media section of the site from the op there are links to his music, since the family runs the website I presume the stuff is legit. Definitely worth checking out, although the quality of some of the recording is poor, so an official cd like this being released is always good
    http://www.sweetadeline.net/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

From what is on sweetaddy (who promote the removed link) the quality of the versions on this album is in doubt, but i'll still be getting it.

Advertisement