Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micha - Power of Flippancy!

Options
  • 17-02-2007 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I don't know about the rest of you but that kid annoys the hell out of me, he is such a smart ass all the time.

If I had said half the stuff he says to my parents at that age I would have been in such trouble.

Anyway I hate him, I hope he gets killed off, little bastid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lol i agree with you, didn't he play some sort of genius kid in another show. perhaps he's just a one trick kid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I dislike the three (four?) of them. My least favourite super-family by a long shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

yeah, he is an annoying little ****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I like him think hes a legend

And so is the rest of their family!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I was expecting
    him to say "Easy money!" after he stole money from the ATM
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I'm pretty sure he plays the boyfriend of the youngest daughter in "My wife and kids".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

one of the better young actors on tv i reckon. none of his lines seem forced at all. and not near as annoying as some of the young kids on tv. have you been watching ER? Sam's kid is the most annoying little bugger on the box a the moment. want to slap the little git around the place :mad: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yeah don't understand the beef. He's not that irritating in fairness. I find Claire the most irritating tbh, and like tvnuts said, he's a decent actor, I never even question whether he's acting or not because it appears very natural. He's a neglected kid, who reads comics and has this inflated sense that he's a super hero and has to save his parents. He gets away with talking back to his parents because they have never really been parents to him in the first place. I'd say the next time he tries to rob an ATM his dad going to bring a smack down on him.. that'll show him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

There is no doubt that he is a good actor, I just hate the character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

It's a typical and very annoying device used by American film and tv to play child characters as minature adults. Micha doesn't suffer from it as much as some other characters I've seen (kill Dakota Fanning, kill the little b*tch) but it's still annoying that they seem to be unwilling to just let a child be a child. It seems like they're incapable of acknowledging that their children are not, in fact, on the same emotional or mental level as themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

T-b0n3 wrote:
    I like him think hes a legend

And so is the rest of their family!

I was hoping Nikki's storyline to turn out better than it has. Thought it had great potential.

I also want to actually see her
    rip someone in half.

I also want to actually see her
    rip someone in half.

I thought that was gonna say
    naked
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

That too..... ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 45,041 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The kid just doesn't play a genius character in both shows (Heroes and My Wife and Kids) he IS a freaking genius. And i'm not talking about his acting skills, the kid actually is amazingly clever.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's a typical and very annoying device used by American film and tv to play child characters as minature adults. Micha doesn't suffer from it as much as some other characters I've seen (kill Dakota Fanning, kill the little b*tch) but it's still annoying that they seem to be unwilling to just let a child be a child. It seems like they're incapable of acknowledging that their children are not, in fact, on the same emotional or mental level as themselves.

Yeah, but a child who has had the type of childhood that Micha has had isn't going to have the same emoitional level as a normal kid either. Hi parents are ****ed up. His dad was a petty theif, who went on the run for killing his gang and stealing from some sort of mob boss, which he actually chickened out of doing. His mother's evil secondary personality actually did do it. But unaware of this his mother blamed his dad and to stop him being bullied at school she borrowed from the criminal her other personality stole from so she could send him to private school.

Then she took up internet stripping in the garage, which is not very discreet. Then he got kicked out of the school. Then his mother killed a bunch of people and became a prostitute. Then his dad came back but his parents nearly killed each other and his dad ran off with him. He knows his mother has two personalities, but his dad won't listen. Then his mother tries to kill his dad, hurts him and sends herself to jail.

And through all of this he is having to deal with havig super-powers. I challenge you to be a normal, well adjusted kid if that was your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I accept your Challenge!

iguana wrote:
    And through all of this he is having to deal with havig super-powers. I challenge you to be a normal, well adjusted kid if that was your life.

In all fairness, there's a difference between an ill adjusted child and child character who is essentially a minature adult. Micha doesn't express fully developed adult characteristics as much as most American children in film and tv but he is by no means a typical child (whether well-adjusted or not). For instance, I find it pretty hard to believe that a prepubescent child, no matter how intelligent, would fully understand the consequences of a sexual matter like his mother stripping or prostituting herself. It simply does not ring true no mattter what spin you put on it.

Advertisement