Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute from Dublin 4 area to Damastown in Blachardstown

Options
  • 17-02-2007 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

If I got a job in damestown near blachardstown but wanted to live in the dublin 4 area, how bad would the commute be, I dont even have a car at the moment, would this commute be better with one or just as bad,let me know what id be in for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,267 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Where in Damastown? Its a big area. I think some route 38 buses do the journey, but not many.

Would you be better off living say in Phibsboro? Close to the city, but better transport options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Victor wrote:
    Where in Damastown? Its a big area. I think some route 38 buses do the journey, but not many.

Would you be better off living say in Phibsboro? Close to the city, but better transport options.

All route 38/38A buses operate to Damastown, but the 38A is a more direct route.

As Victor says, you might be better off residing somewhere en route as it is a long commute from the city centre alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,267 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Victor wrote:
    Its a big area. I think some route 38 buses do the journey, but not many.
    It seems all of the buses that went to Belfield have been withdrawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If I got a job in damestown near blachardstown but wanted to live in the dublin 4 area, how bad would the commute be, I dont even have a car at the moment, would this commute be better with one or just as bad,let me know what id be in for?

All times are approx, but if you had a car and left early say 7am it would be about 30-40mins. If you go latter the time will increase but it shouldn't be more than 1hr15. On a bus its going to be two buses and 1hr30 average I'd guess. You can also get a train to blanch and hop on a bus there. I guess that would be about an 1hr15 ish. Cycle would be about 40-60 mins. Dunno about scooter or motorbike. 30mins?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

BostonB wrote:
    Cycle would be about 40-60 mins.

A friend of mine used to cycle from the Cunningham Road (near Heuston Station) area to Damastown and the outbound journey used to take about 50 minutes, inbound about 45.

D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement