Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision song 2007

Options
  • 17-02-2007 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

Holy God,
    Is anyone else watching this drivel. Rest easy RTE, we won't be hosting the Eurovision next year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

jos28 wrote:
    Holy God,
    Is anyone else watching this drivel. Rest easy RTE, we won't be hosting the Eurovision next year.

What are you talking about? It's great. Everyone loves the high-pitched tuneless squeeling of a dying pig! How can we possibly lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I was thinking more sheep with a sinus infection myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

At least it sounds "Irish".

• Registered Users Posts: 25 numacd

:eek: OMG!!!! I'm totally mortified.I've never been so embarrassed.:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

When will they learn... What we need to do now a days, is to get some semi naked female Irish dancers jigging somewhere near the light of speed to a European techno remix of Riverdance. What I saw tonight before I switched off (Roughly 1 minute after tuning in) was some pig in a glittery dress singing an 'oirish' ballad incredibly out of tune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

I enjoyed it! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

well from the sound of that i'm glad the aerial was gone again for the 4th time this week, well done NTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭mobby

Yep.... I see a big "Irland Nuls point" this year. Still think My lovely Horse was one of our best songs to date:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think the best of the 4 songs did win.... but that's sort of like being grateful for getting a punch in the face instead of a kick in the balls as all the songs were utter sh*te. And who had the idea that a woman who sounds like Mary Harney would make a good singer?

Where they not all completely embarrassed when Eimear Quinn performed 'The Voice'? That's a great song and deserved it's Eurovision win. Do they not realise how crap all those songs were compared to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Was shocking alright your one singing was just awful why go if they arent even going to try and win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Holy Chrisht.

I was popping in and out of consciousness last night and I could have sworn I saw John Waters win. Please tell me I was tripping, please.

Anyways, RTE decide to play the 'My Lovely Horse' card yet again. I didn't think they could get lower than last years shamtastic travesty, but they did.

Never overestimate RTE, I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

So did the fourth song win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I haven't heard it yet, is there any youtube links?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Here's the winner:

Other three are the top of the results here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That vid link ain't working for me (prolly Operas fault)

Sh<i>t, thats awful! Dervish are not whirling.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nah.. YouTube just seems to be very slow loading this morning.

I've had it loading with nothing else running / downloading and it's only about half way through after 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

The whole thing was a joke the band were crap and the songs were worse. Plus who nominated songs from people not living in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Thanks for the link - christ thats AWFUL! Reminds me of Peig Sayers wailing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

We should just try what the english did last year... I mean even my old pair thought last night was rubbish and they like that kind of music!

*Language in clip above not for minors!

I was popping in and out of consciousness last night and I could have sworn I saw John Waters win. Please tell me I was tripping, please.
    Yep. It was his song that won... It was still the best of a terrible bunch though, plus I don't think any of the other song writers were even Irish. I think one of the writers for the third song was originally from Limerick, but the two of them looked like absolute pompous pricks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

numacd wrote:
    :eek: OMG!!!! I'm totally mortified.I've never been so embarrassed.:o

Why, you weren't singing in it were you? :D

Just have to agree with what has been said already - pure rubbish. No fear of Ireland winning this competition anytime soon.

Maybe Ted was right when he said "Anyone would think you wanted Ireland to loose" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

:confused: Hard to know. They are top of their game in trad circles, and those who just say trad is ****e dont really deserve a comment, like saying all brits are bastards! Stupid and ignorent. But the songs, and a trad band chosen to preform non trad songs.... I hope it works and at least raises the profile and income of Dervish.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its not that bad.
    Its hardly the bands fault,they only play the music and they are very skillful .
    Song is very average,workmanlike,needs a big rewrite if it is to do any bit respectably in May.
    Somebody on Board should write next years entry.

Somebody on Board should write next years entry.
    I tried many years ago. The song was called "The Search for Love" It was a ballad of pure cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I tried many years ago. The song was called "The Search for Love" It was a ballad of pure cheese.

Very unusual it didn't win then, seeing as the some of the cheddar cheese crap that is rolled out every year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

a friend and I came up with an emotional ballad: can I suck your dirty c**t by our band Tears of Love but they weren't interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

My speakers won't play the sound in the clip.
    They're not broken, they just refuse to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

I think the winning song is nice. It may not win but its still a lovely ballad.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

The John Waters song was a big improvement to the effort last year.

The song was not half bad.

It might do well - I still believe we lost a golden opportunuty when the Cork Twins were voted off Your A Star a number of years back.

But the song could could do well - plastic pop eurovision ballads cancel out each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I think it's a great song myself and I love her voice. Hope it does well and I'm going to be checking out Dervish's music now.

Advertisement