Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this worth selling? Quick replies please

Options
  • 15-02-2007 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

OK I got my new systems so i built a media centre out of the best of my 2 old rigs.
    Im left with these parts for a computer
    Chieftec Dragon tower black http://mcs.pc.pl/produkt374.html Pretty much like the one on this site but some slight differences.
    Amd Athlon XP 1800+
    768mb ram (or there abouts)
    64mb Geforce 3
    dvd drive
    Hard drive of about 80gb or whatever i throw in.
    Sb live (also have audigy platinum but no cable to link up the big control panel).

So my Question is this. Is this worth anything or am i better off just giving it to a friend of mine and let him make something of it?
    Im only going to sell if its worth more than €250 otherwise it goes to my friend.

Looking for quick answers as im heading to see him in Cork in the morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Put it on adverts, you'll sell it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

the case is the most valueable, the components are worth about 100€ all together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I think it really depends on where you sell it and how long you want to wait.
    I'd say it'd go for around €150 - €180 total on adverts.ie.
    You might have to split it though. (I can see the geforce, case and HDD being snapped up fast!)
    otherwise it goes to my friend.
    Yeah, I tend to give my old PCs away to friends/family... although this is more down to the fact that I can't be arsed putting them up for sale and going through the fuss of posting things and meeting people.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

Saruman wrote:
    Is this worth anything

It's certainly worth something the question really is "is it worth your time and effort selling"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

So its worth less than €250 it would seem. Of course i could always chance my arm and sell it on Buy and sell to some poor idiot for €500 but that could take a long time.

No i will give it to my friend. He did after all give me an Xfi card :D
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement