Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word help needed

Options
  • 15-02-2007 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

Bit if a difficult one to explain this. Im doing out a CV and at the end I have a section for references. I have two references and I want to put them down like this:( Where the dots are spaces.)

References:

Mr McBlah..........................................Mr. Smith
    Blah Blah Rd.......................................Smith Road

But on word Mr. smiths details are staggered. I have to use to spacebar to get from Mr. Mclah to mr smith. The use the space bar to get from blah blah rd. to smith rd and it means the left side of Mr. Smiths details are just slightly staggered.

How do I get them to line up neatly? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

How about creating a 1 row, 2 column table?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

feylya wrote:
    How about creating a 1 row, 2 column table?

That does the job I want but then I am left with the border of the table, which I dont want. Anyway to get rid of this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Well, are you printing out the document? If you are, then the border shouldn't be there. If there is a proper border, then selecting the table, right clicking and selecting Borders and Shading should sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Use the "tab key" (see attached pic).

After typing the name hit the tab key. Type address etc. Hit enter to go to a new line. Type name. Hit tab. Type address etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Thats the one. Cheers lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement