Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athiest or Scientific Events/Discussions/Lectures/Debates ??

Options
  • 15-02-2007 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is aware of any regular (or once-off) public events/discussions/lectures/debates involving atheism, science, religion, etc in Ireland. I can recommend:

- The Alchecmist Cafe -> They meet once or twice a month (in a pub ;)). They invite a guest speaker who is researching a particular field of science in an Irish University/College to give a short lecture about what they are working on and questions and discussion follow. I have been to a few of their events and they were quite interesting and enjoyable.
    - Irish Skeptics -> I've never been to any of their events but am eager to attend one. They don't seem to have anything on until the 'European Skeptics Congress' in September though.

Anything else coming up or can anyone point me in the right direction for a source of this type of information?

Thanks

Advertisement