Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I bring?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Who are you flying with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭SF1

Aer Lingus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

As long as theres no optical laser ( ie. DVD, CD, Mini Disc) you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Usually there's no problem using any kind of electronic devices, as long as they don't have a transmitter in them, such as a mobile phone or a blackberry. The only restriction is that they won't be able to be used during take-off and landing, i.e. when the 'fasten seatbelt' sign is on. I've seen plenty of people using laptops to watch DVD's during flights (despite the rather silly 'no laser' restriction some airlines have), so an MP4 player shouldn't be treated any differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭SF1

Cool thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Mobile phone rule is nothing to do with the plane by the way, its simply because you havent a hope of getting mobile signal up that high :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've heard a few stories about pilots using their mobiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Mobile phone rule is nothing to do with the plane by the way, its simply because you havent a hope of getting mobile signal up that high :D

Actually - as far as I know, it's a lot to do with you being able to get a signal up that high (particularly overland short-haul) - but you clog up a slot on several mobile phone cells as you pass quickly between them with constant handover. So it wouldn't be good for mobile phone operators if many people kept their phones on; they would congest the networks. If it wasn't for this, phone operators would be clamouring for airlines to drop the restrictions on mobile phone use.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

If it wasn't for this, phone operators would be clamouring for airlines to drop the restrictions on mobile phone use.

Solution is to put a cell in the plane. Ryanair are planning this soon, so you can look forward to the howya's calls to mammy.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

Advertisement