Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directors Chair on M50 between Firhouse & Balinteer

Options
  • 15-02-2007 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭

It should be removed IMO. What is it all about(I haven't managed to get a look at it yet)? It's causing traffic to slow down and be distracted and is dangerous if you ask me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

fletch wrote:
    It should be removed IMO. What is it all about(I haven't managed to get a look at it yet)? It's causing traffic to slow down and be distracted and is dangerous if you ask me!

This is going on since monday and its causing havoc on the M50.
    It surprises me though that such an insignificant thing can cause such disruption. Whoever allowed for this chair to be put in the field should be shot.
    I heard on DCAL this morning that its being taken down today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

Keyzer wrote:
    This is going on since monday and its causing havoc on the M50.
    It surprises me though that such an insignificant thing can cause such disruption. Whoever allowed for this chair to be put in the field should be shot.
    I heard on DCAL this morning that its being taken down today.
    And on such a bendy section of the motorway! Somebody nearly rear-ended me this morning at this very section of the motorway but managed to swerve in on to the hard shoulder and missed me....I guarantee he/she was trying to figure out what the hell it was in the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 POLO9N

THIS IS MADNESS, NO WONDER TRAFFIC ALWAYS SO BAD BETWEEN DUNDRUM AND FIRHOUSE EVEN AFTER 6:30...

DON'T THINK THE CHAIR IS TO blame for, but these stupid driver causing accident on m50 day in day out, i seen a lot of country has bill board and stuff on motorway and theres no problem with it!
    driver's skill and attitude is to blame for.
    e.g. cops aren't enforcing overtaking lane on motorway ...etc

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Not a motorist (any more!) so not sure what you guys are talking about... is there a chair in a field or something?? Why is that a big deal? Are the rubberneckers out in force??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

spacetweek wrote:
    Not a motorist (any more!) so not sure what you guys are talking about... is there a chair in a field or something?? Why is that a big deal? Are the rubberneckers out in force??

That is exactly what it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm guessing it's some sort of promotional material for the Dublin Film Festival.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Who should we complain to !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

spacetweek wrote:
    It's not just a chair....it's massive and people are slowing down to see what the hell it's all about which is dangerous on a motorway particularly on the bendy section of road its located on.
    F.Y.I. I didn't see it yesterday evening or this morning so I'm guessing it has been taken down.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

it was still there yesterday. It is a bit stupid, they have it set so far back in the field that you have to turn your head all the way to the left to see what the story is. Definitely dangerous

Advertisement