Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE problem!!!

Options
  • 15-02-2007 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

just recently when i click for internet to a specified site IE adds-on another site or 2 ie search sites which is really peeing me off!
    anyway to get rid?
    thanx
    john

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,031 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Sounds like spyware or some other bad stuff has been installed by something or someone.
    If you check the essential software faq theres a list of stuff under the anti spyware heading, which maybe worth running.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

lynch_3001 wrote:
    i got an idea use FIREFOX!!!

He/she didn't ask about another browser, they asked how they could fix their IE problems, while firefox is nice and all its not what their using and if they want to use it I'm sure they will.

Your post is nothing but unhelpful and its equal to replying to a thread in the windows forum by saying "Use Linux!!!!1"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Cabaal wrote:
    Your post is nothing but unhelpful and its equal to replying to a thread in the windows forum by saying "Use Linux!!!!1"
    Indeed. And gets you a 24 hour ban. Please read the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KOJAK_1

I have a similar problem. Started when i uploaded IE7. Ran usual checks with Adaware and Windows defender, no luck. Had a techie review system using Hijackthis and still no luck. Biggest issue is the randomness of the problem as sometimes it works perfectly and others not. Only workaround that I have found is to copy the link from the search page and paste it into the address bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,031 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

KOJAK_1 wrote:
    I have a similar problem. Started when i uploaded IE7. Ran usual checks with Adaware and Windows defender, no luck. Had a techie review system using Hijackthis and still no luck. Biggest issue is the randomness of the problem as sometimes it works perfectly and others not. Only workaround that I have found is to copy the link from the search page and paste it into the address bar.

If you had a vista beta installed on the same drive as xp it might cause upgrade problems from ie6 to ie7. At least thats what I found.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

it sounds like a problem that can be easily fixed in hijack this.maybe you could post a HJT log so i could look@it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Even if the user wanted to move to Firefox, it is advisable to make sure that IE is working correctly, even if not used, as much fun as having lots of dormant spyware on your computer might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

just recently when i click for internet to a specified site IE adds-on another site or 2 ie search sites which is really peeing me off!
    anyway to get rid?
    thanx
    john

From your description, it sounds that like me, you may be the victim of a new feature introduced in IE 7 - the ability to add multiple home pages.

Check your IE options and delete the default home pages you don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KOJAK_1

it sounds like a problem that can be easily fixed in hijack this.maybe you could post a HJT log so i could look@it?

Copy of HJT log as requested.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 09:22:22, on 16/02/2007
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\SCardSvr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\basfipm.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sophos\Remote Update\cachemgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sophos SWEEP for NT\SWNETSUP.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Sophos SWEEP for NT\SWEEPSRV.SYS
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
    C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
    C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\LaunchApplication.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
    C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
    C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtMng.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sophos SWEEP for NT\ICMON.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Sophos\Remote Update\imonitor.exe
    C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosA2dp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtHsp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE
    C:\Kerridge\KCML6\kclient.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\mspaint.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
    C:\DOCUME~1\kallen\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for HijackThis.zip\hijackthis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.msn.com/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.euro.dell.com
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.euro.dell.com
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = ftp://10.0.0.235/
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\LaunchApplication.exe -startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Bluetooth Manager.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: InterCheck Monitor.LNK = C:\Program Files\Sophos SWEEP for NT\ICMON.EXE
    O4 - Global Startup: Remote Update Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\Sophos\Remote Update\imonitor.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1146039616390
    O16 - DPF: {D8575CE3-3432-4540-88A9-85A1325D3375} (e-Safekey) - [url]
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{9E6D7DAD-3FF3-4A02-B552-5C0C8398198B}: NameServer = 85.255.115.27,85.255.112.181
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{C54655FD-7248-44B0-BE8B-99D7914B6654}: NameServer = 85.255.115.27,85.255.112.181
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{F95D8FE8-6216-42F6-8E33-E804D72A212A}: NameServer = 85.255.115.27,85.255.112.181
    O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.115.27 85.255.112.181
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.115.27 85.255.112.181
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: IntelWireless - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\LgNotify.dll
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
    O23 - Service: Broadcom ASF IP monitoring service v6.0.4 (BAsfIpM) - Broadcom Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\basfipm.exe
    O23 - Service: Sophos Cache Manager (CacheMgr) - SOPHOS Plc - C:\Program Files\Sophos\Remote Update\cachemgr.exe
    O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
    O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
    O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
    O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
    O23 - Service: Sophos Anti-Virus Network (SweepNet) - Sophos Plc - C:\Program Files\Sophos SWEEP for NT\SWNETSUP.EXE
    O23 - Service: Sophos Anti-Virus (SWEEPSRV.SYS) - Sophos Plc - C:\Program Files\Sophos SWEEP for NT\SWEEPSRV.SYS
    O23 - Service: WLANKEEPER - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exe[/url]

Advertisement