Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskbar freezes

Options
  • 14-02-2007 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

This is totally totally annoying right now, every time i boot up i get a ****ed task bar, when i click any where on it i get a 'BONG' kinda sound from speakers, i use Win XP, some one pls help , what should i do ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Apart from that, will the computer still function okay? Like programs on your desktop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭sharpjaws

Ruu wrote:
    Apart from that, will the computer still function okay? Like programs on your desktop?
    o ye every thing else works fine, i can use short cuts on keyboard to access the start menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Could be spyware or virus related related. Try scanning with AVG Anti-spyware or Spybot Search and Destroy in Safe Mode then an anti-virus scan, see how far that gets you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

If you go to the Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del) and end explorer.exe in Processes, then restart it (File -> New Task and put in explorer) does the taskbar work again properly?

Advertisement