Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill 2

Options
  • 14-02-2007 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938330/

Oh yes, it's happening. :D

I'm quite pleased about this, because I really enjoyed the film adaptation of Silent Hill a lot, despite a lot of mixed reviews it got.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Brilliant! I really liked the adaptation as well, for all its flaws it captured the atmosphere of the games very well and that's all I wanted of it. Something to look forward to, methinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Excellent, I loved Silent Hill.

Will they continue on from where they left off or start fresh with new characters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

I'm a huge fan of the games. I really liked how many nods from the game were included in the film, the way the mood was captured etc. I didnt think the film was great though script wise. It had bags of potential and I kinda felt let down in the end. The news a second one is in the works is good though. Hopefully more pyramid head or maybe the inclusion of Walter Sullivan or other characters like Douglas or Eddie.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Brow wrote:
    I'm a huge fan of the games. I really liked how many nods from the game were included in the film, the way the mood was captured etc. I didnt think the film was great though script wise. It had bags of potential and I kinda felt let down in the end. The news a second one is in the works is good though. Hopefully more pyramid head or maybe the inclusion of Walter Sullivan or other characters like Douglas or Eddie.

I agree wholeheartedly about the script, it was mediocre to say the least. Mind you, it was no worse than a lot of mainstream horror dreck these days, and I was glad to see that they kept the atmosphere tense throughout the film rather than going for the usual "boo"-type scares.

Hopefully there will be a better script/characters to the second one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

the 1st one looks good,still aint got round to seeing yet though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah the first one looked REALLY good form teh adds, it was so stylised, then I went and saw the movie and was hugely dissappointed. I have never played any of the games though, and I think that might have made all of teh difference.

I love the first film. Unlike all most every other horror film of the past few years it didn't rely on cheap scares and convoluted plotting. The film kept stayed true to the game and offered up a visual treat.

Gaiman’s involvement is intriguing. He has a certain style which I believe would translate well to the franchise.

I’d like to see both Sean Bean Kim Coates brought back.

Christopher Gan’s recently said that his directors cut of Silent Hill will be released. He said there will be more Pyramid Head and that the origins of the disaster will be e.xplored in more depth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

Is Neil Gaiman writing the sequel with Roger Avary?

No. Neil Gaiman announced on his blog that this was simply an internet rumor. The rumor stems from a mistranslation on a Silent Hill Fan Site, in which Gans actually said Roger Avary would be returning to write the script for Silent Hill 2 when he was finished with "his project with his friend Neil Gaiman". Gans was refering to Beowulf.

pity....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The film was good. But it didn't capture those feelings I experienced at the age of 12 at 3am, savagely beating mutant babies with a crowbar by torch light and then trying to desperately escape down a deserted corridor, stumbling blindly in the dark and almost suffering a minor stroke as I heard those things coming after me.

Although that said it was nice to see the mutant baby creatures made it into the film, unlike the game which had them changed to more mutant monsters for the european release. Took away from the experience greatly in my opinion.

Advertisement