Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engines to Maximum

Options
  • 14-02-2007 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭

Okay I don't think this has really been discussed before so I figured give it a shot.

In my humble opinion (imho, for you leet speaking foo's) these ships just don't see enough action to really be considered 'cool' but are in their own right pretty sweet rides.

The discussion begins..............

...............Now. :p

Which ship do you prefer? 39 votes

F-302 Glider
    0% 0 votes
    X-BC-303-01 Prometheus (Col. Pendergast; Gen. Hammond)
    12% 5 votes
    DSC-304-02 Daedalus (Col. Caldwell)
    5% 2 votes
    DSC-304-03 Odyssey (Col. Emerson; Cloak)
    10% 4 votes
    DSC-304-05 Apollo (Col. Ellis)
    7% 3 votes
    Screw em': I want a new class of ship! NOW!
    0% 0 votes
    I prefer Goa'uld ships
    5% 2 votes
    I prefer Asgard ships
    7% 3 votes
    I prefer Ancient ships
    46% 18 votes
    I prefer Wraith ships
    5% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I'd have to go with the Asguard ships myself.

They are the most advanced, and seem to be able to travel through the galaxies at much faster speeds than any other ships. OK, Anubis came up with new shields to counter-act them

OP, you forgot to include the Gou'ld Hat'aks and the death gliders - OK the death gliders were never capable of hyerdrive flight, but the Hat'aks were.

The Ancient ships were always big, lumbering things that would have about as much mobility as a hippo. Granted they were powerful, but most of the time they could be easily attcked by smaller, more agile aircraft.

I haven't seen the Apollo yet, but if its anything like its predecessors it woun't be much to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Apollo does carry a very interesting Nuclear Delivery System...and due to a max of 10 poll choices I kinda generalised the Alien picks: kinda stupid in hindsight, but I figured each of the Earth ships had enough untapped character to warrant debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Was watching 'Promethius' the other day on sky1. That ship comming up out of the ground... Probably one of the 10 best wow moments in stargate. Pity they didnt go for Jacks idea for a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Was watching 'Promethius' the other day on sky1. That ship comming up out of the ground... Probably one of the 10 best wow moments in stargate. Pity they didnt go for Jacks idea for a name.
    Defo.

Yeah, i voted for a new ship but tbh i would have voted the Korolev given the chance. My other fav ship has got to be the ole gould pyramid ship, pity it didnt feature in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

It'd have to be the Ori ships for me, I love the beam weapon noise.

Other than that I'd go for Ra's original ship from the movie back when they used the noise of the gate opening in SG1 for the sound of the gliders launching.

Mmmmmm, old school.

EDIT: Not a fan of Earth ships or the large Ancient ships, put some freaking curves in! I mean COME ON!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

personally, i really like the wraith ships, with them being kinda organic just makes me want to see how they build them. Or grow them might be a better word.

And i like the railgun esque weapons they have, as opposed to beam o' instant death.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Prometheus was the Stargate ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,799 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I like the Daedalus class myself. Kinda reminds me of the Galactica for some reason. Big aircraft carriers in space.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

cotwold wrote:
    Defo.

Yeah, i voted for a new ship but tbh i would have voted the Korolev given the chance. My other fav ship has got to be the ole gould pyramid ship, pity it didnt feature in the series.

Y'know I sat there for 15 mins writing the poll wondering to put that in or not :p didnt think anyone would go for it. I didnt think of Ori ships at all tbh but they only have one..

Anyway a quick look at the polls shows a very interesting diversity of opinion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Wormhole Xtreme

"As a matter of fact it does say Colonel on my uniform"

Ya'll remember that episode. Am quite partial to that ship. The one belonging to Martin Llyod race. It was so cool the way it came down from the sky and the way that outer extremities started to spin. Plus it has a really fast transporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

my fa ship was apophis mothership, the huge thing that attacked hathors mothership and took it out in abut 5 or 6 shots, its weapons where capable of going though shields even at full power. Apophis did all this himself with his mind/power. Anubis only had kool **** because of the whole assention bollox

Hathor had ships?

Hathor had ships?

Not that we saw. I think User45701 meant HERU'UR. geeeeez:p

I gathered.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Has to be the Daedalus or Asgard ships for me..
    In fairness how is this not cool?
    daedalusij0.jpg

Noway all ships are now pale comparisons to the newly fitted Apollo, a mixture of the best asgard and human technology all powered by a ZPM, LIKE WOW!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

What about the Orei ships?
    Stargate is more about the Stargate imho.

cotwold wrote:
    Noway all ships are now pale comparisons to the newly fitted Apollo, a mixture of the best asgard and human technology all powered by a ZPM, LIKE WOW!!!!

What about the new Odyssey?
    Zing!

What about the new Odyssey?
    Zing!
    :o i meant odyssey.:o

Ah right, I wasn't trying to correct you, I haven't seen the Apollo yet.

• Advertisement

Ah right, I wasn't trying to correct you, I haven't seen the Apollo yet.

Dont worry bout it. The apollo is fairly standard if you ask me and i dont like the captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

Cabaal wrote:
    Has to be the Daedalus or Asgard ships for me..
    In fairness how is this not cool?
    daedalusij0.jpg

I like these I really do.. but reminds me of a stubbier version of Galatica :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you'd think at least one person in the design crew would have piped up, 'hey guys, this ship kind of looks like a big penis.. are we going to do anything about that?'

The people working on these things never relaise it themselves
    Im still sticking with Apophis Mothership

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

What about the ship in the nebula? Where sam is the only one left on the prometheus and the little girl is on the ship too?

Or the "thread the needle ship" where Teal'c and hammond fly it through the stargate

thread the needle was a very old jafa vessel not much use and the other ship in the nebula had no name or species information

Advertisement