Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Horror Movies 2007' thread

Options
  • 13-02-2007 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

So, what scares are you looking forward to this year? Hopefully we can compile a good list.

Well, one of the movies coming out soon I read about in Empire. It's a French horror called "Ils" (translated: "Them") about a group of strangers who stalk people in their homes. Empire raved about it, gave it 4/5. It's listed as 2006 on imdb, but I don't think it has hit cinemas anywhere over here yet.

28 Weeks Later is another, although I don't think anybody is expecting it to stand up to its predecessor.

A lot of people won't bother with Hostel: Part II but I loved both Cabin Fever and Hostel, so I'm awaiting this one with excitement. I read in an interview with Roth that he was getting a bit of heat because of one particular part of the movie, that he claims will 'change horror movie history'...of course he's known as being quite cocky, so it remains to be seen if he's exaggerating or not.

Then towards the end of the year we have 30 Days of Night (which I've talked about with glee on a couple of occasions).

I can't think of too many other original movie's I'm awaiting; a lot of others are remakes that I'll go to see with curiosity (but not high expectation) such as The Hitcher, The Eye, Day of the Dead and Halloween.

So, add yours!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

*Diary of the Dead*

*HALLOWEEN*

cant think of too many more to be honest....

*28 weeks later* maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

For some reason i think 28 weeks later is going to be crap, I loved the first one by the way.

Ils sounds like a good idea. im looking forward to that now.

I thought Hostel was alright,way less blood/gore in it then I thought there would be, i will probably end up watching part 2.

One of my friends was talkign about a movie called "23" or something like that, anyone heard of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

The Number 23 with Jim Carrey? It's getting horror PR but I think it's more in the supernatural thriller genre. Still sounds great though and I have a lot of faith in Carrey's serious acting ability after Man On The Moon all those years ago.

For 2007 I most eagerly await Diary Of The Dead (please change the title though George, please!), 28 Weeks LAter.. out of sheer curiousity and because Robert Carlysle is the mutt's nuts, Halloween remake due to that ill obsession I have and Ils

Hostel 2 to me is a mistake. Apparently the focus is now going to shift onto those behind the scenes of the business which will probably reduce the gore [which lets face it is the main attraction] though Roth claims one of the effects had even the KNB guys reaching for the puke bucket and that's saying something.

I have to say though that I most look forward to Grindhouse. A great idea in my opinion and, if pulled off successfully, hopefully the gateway to a series of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

niallon wrote:
    The Number 23 with Jim Carrey? It's getting horror PR but I think it's more in the supernatural thriller genre. Still sounds great though and I have a lot of faith in Carrey's serious acting ability after Man On The Moon all those years ago.

Jim Carey and Horror ? Sounds like that could be a disaster of a combination !

Anyway, all of the above - and why has no one mentioned black sheep yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Hav'nt really checked out a full listing on whats released this year but here's a few I'm looking forward to:

Hills Have Eyes 2 - really liked the first, surprising as I liked the original aswell.

Wrong Turn 2 - again I thoroughly enjoyed the first one but the plot does'nt sound great ( a reality tv show with contestants thrown into the woods).

Stir Of Echoes: The Homecoming: the first was a great supernatural/suspense film in the vain of The Others, so this should be good seeing as its a continuation of the first.

Residential Evil:Extinction - well the first two were enjoyable.

Cell (Stephen King) - a phone pulse that turns people into zombies...you had me at hello. Hope they do a decent film of the book as King's generally turn out poor.

Just watched Turistas (which I think is released over here around May) that was'nt too bad. Its in the same vain as hostel so if you liked that chances are you might like this. Thought it was better than Hostel to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

c - 13 wrote:
    Jim Carey and Horror ? Sounds like that could be a disaster of a combination !

Anyway, all of the above - and why has no one mentioned black sheep yet ?

Ah yes, can't wait to see how this noughties Peter Jacksonesque feature turns out. Sounds like great fun! Is it just me or has it been a little delayed? I presumed it had slipped out under radar last year but now I see it's slotted into this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

One of the main things I'm looking forward to is this. Yep, a Vampire film from the director of Oldboy! :D

Oh joy among joys, it should be phenominal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

'Them', is out in cinemas in Galway at any rate, Necromomican.

What I'm looking forward to:

Cell
    Diary of the Dead
    The Hills have Eyes 2
    Hostel 2
    Grindhouse
    Resident Evil Extinction

And then, of course, there are others that I wouldn't be really anticipating but would still definately see, like the Hitcher, 28 weeks later, Halloween etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

28 Weeks Later is the only one which really grabs my attention.

Diary of the Dead also but I'm apprehensive about the whole Blair Witch type style considering I never liked said film.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Diary of the Dead sounds a bit lame alright.

Tuesday
    Felt strange all day. Almost took a bite out out George at lunch.

Wednesday
    Uhhhhh....mhhh.....*brains*......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Den_M wrote:
    Diary of the Dead sounds a bit lame alright.

Tuesday
    Felt strange all day. Almost took a bite out out George at lunch.

Wednesday
    Uhhhhh....mhhh.....*brains*......
    :D
    It's only the name that makes it sound a bit dodgy I think, I have all the faith in the world in Mr. Romero. Land may have been critically slated, but I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy the hell out of it!

Advertisement