Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you update maps - help please

Options
  • 13-02-2007 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    I got my V9 map disk for my Nuvi 360, its the Europe one with Bluetooth.

Ho do you upgrade the maps, I followed the instructions and it wont let me put the whole of Europe on, I presume it should do.

So I de slelected a load of areas to get it to fit and downloaded.
    Looking at in the file directory it seems to have created another image for maps with the original image still there.
    I now cant use route finder as I keep getting out of memory errors.
    Any ideas, am I supposed to delete the original image before or after the upgrade maybe.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Have you tried selecting fewer maps ( only the ones you actually need) and loading . Perhaps there is not enough room on the SD card !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

On my Garmin, different model, it replaces the existing .img file each time I load a new map set to the gps. Is it a preloaded memory card that you have maybe that you cannot delete the original files from?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭JamBur

Lads I've been messing about with my Garmin 360 and I accidently deleted a system file. Now I can't do address searches. Anyone know how I can restore it or where to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭hughowen

The 360 comes with a 256 sd card and this is where the European Maps are saved to. This is way too small for anything more than say half the size of France, so for me anyway I just deleted what ever I don't need on the Card and just upload from the disc cd whatever area I am going to. It worked for all of France, and Spain for me but I have bought a 1 mb sd card now and will see if this will upload a lot more so to save me loading up different areas when I need them.

Hugh

Advertisement