Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] Heroes - 1x15 - Run! [*Spoilers*]

Options
  • 13-02-2007 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭

From Tv.com:

Matt starts to bodyguard for an objectionable client. Suresh finds another person on the list. Claire learns a lot more about her birth parents. Hiro and Ando get sidetracked in Vegas again while searching for the sword. Simone and Nathan go to great lengths to find Peter. Niki and Nathan meet again.

Not as good as last weeks, but still damn good Tv.

Getting a little bored of teary eyed claire, but what happeneing with Suresh and Sylar is very interesting.
    And poor Hiro, he just can't catch a break, can he.

This weeks episode was 32 votes

[i]Amazing![/i]
    0% 0 votes
    Great
    6% 2 votes
    Okay
    56% 18 votes
    Crap
    37% 12 votes
    I'd rather have Sylar eat my brain
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I was kind of annoyed that Peter wasn't seen at any stage in the episode, especially since his story arc is one of the more intriguing at the moment.

Liked the development with Suresh and Silar, hopefully this will lead to some proper showdowns, which is what the series is lacking at the moment. (btw don't even mention Jessica because that isnot a power)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I don't see how they can consider looking at a picture as meeting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

good episode,i think sylar is a great character,i hope they keep him around longer. it should be interesting now that he is with mohinder.

and nikki/jessica do have a power,some serious super strength. people keep forgetting that and think the split personality is her only power. I am thinking and hoping the split personality is something that can be controlled be nikki and that she will be able to harness the super strength for her own use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Good episode, loads of Star Trek references (after episode 14's NCC-1701 as Hiro's fathers number plate).

Blonde woman calling Hiro "Sulu", Hiro making Vulcan sign, Sylar making Earl Gray for Mohinder (Picard's tea, probably co-incidence), and the episode was directed by Roxann Dawson (B'Elanna Torres from Voyager).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

tvnutz wrote:
    nikki/jessica do have a power,some serious super strength. people keep forgetting that and think the split personality is her only power.

Don't understand how people don't get this. From the very start she has displayed extreme strenght. Not too many average sized women can tear apart two big heavies as she did in the opening. And for the last few episodes she has busted her way out of steel hand-cuffs on a regular basis.

A good episode, I preferred it to last weeks. I was really hoping that Matt's power and his confrontation with "Jessica" would have been the catalyst for Nikki becoming able to control her body. And an end to the multiple personality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Better episode than last week - if just for Zachary Quinto's star turn as Sylar. I remember him as Adam in '24' but he has made the role of Sylar his own. Fantastically creepy with a charm that makes people around him trust him despite the overpowering sense of evil you get from him.

Am getting a bit weary of the sci-fi references - tongue-in-cheek though they are - i can only hear Hiro spout timeless lines from Star Trek or Back To The Future so many times. It's like the script-writers are pacing around their offices - "i can't finish this important scene with Hiro in a predicament.... i got it, Hiro spouts yet another tongue-in-cheek line from Star Trek with a wry smile."

Enjoyed the lack of the Peter and Claude this week - though Peter is probably one of my favourite characters (don't know why... i just reckon, apart from being the human bomb, he's very important in all this). I didn't think a whole lot of their stuff last week - interesting but didn't feel the story really progressed much last week due to all the screen-time they had.

Could tell who Jessica's next target would be almost immediately - with the revelation of him as Claire's father, his heavy influence in the episode along with Jessica's "oh i remember him" line.. it was obvious from the outset but still made a lovely "To Be Continued" finish.

PS - i am too sick of Claire's weepy "oh-why-does-everyone-hate-me-but-i must-flutter-my-eyelids" eyes... christ, we know you have it bad but let's keep it moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Well I enjoyed this episode although as others have said I would like to have seen some more of Peter as this seems to be the most important part of the story. It looks like the wheels are in motion for everyone to head up to New York for the Peters big bang (from his vision in episode 11) with:

Claire running away from home to find her real father and get away from her creepy adopted one.

Nikki/Jessica on the way out there to kill Nathan.Probably followed by her husband and son.

Im sure Hiro and Ando will eventually end up back there again too but not quite sure how yet.

Also from one of the first episodes where Hiro travels forward in time and the big bang happens he goes to Isaac the artists apartment to find him dead (apparently killed by sylar) well it looks like Suresh will be the reason Sylar encounters Isaac in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I didn't really enjoy this episode, and I have a theory as to why.

I hate watching television (excluding sport of course), so, I don't do it. However, I love certain TV shows. I have no desire to be the first to see something, I just want to be able to watch it in its entirety without having to suffer ad breaks or wait a week to see what happens next.

My sister told me I'd love The West Wing, so I got the DVDs and watched the first 4 seasons. She was right, I did love it. But at that point Season 5 was about to air on telly...so I lost interest.

My brother told me I'd love Heroes...so...he introduced his archos to mine and that was that. Unfortunately I'm now engrossed in the characters and find myself waiting a week for each new instalment. Not enough happened in episode 15 to justify the week's wait (IMO) and I truly hope it doesn't suffer from the lost syndrome. (I got tired of that crap ages ago!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i used to be the same but then i waited till a season was nearly finished before watching them (with some exceptions, 24, Heroes and Prison Break). i havent even seen all of Dexter yet for my shame

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Otacon wrote:
    I was kind of annoyed that Peter wasn't seen at any stage in the episode,
    Of course you didn't see him. He's invisible!

One of my favourite things this week was the build up to the confrontation between Matt and Jessica.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

fade2black wrote:
    I hate watching television etc.... Unfortunately I'm now engrossed in the characters and find myself waiting a week for each new instalment.

This is gonna sound odd when really it isn't, but... how f*cking uncanny - I could have typed your post word for word :eek:

Did that with the entire first 24 series, the entire first Lost series, etc. When subsequent series start to air State-side and every other channel UK/Irish-side is running first/second/etc. series asynchronously I just give up - the auld "Which episode of which series is this on this channel? / Ain't I seen that one already" syndrome strikes.

My only hope is that 'Heroes' isn't going to go 'Lost' on me, because Lost has just run its course and is out of steam AFAIC. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

basquille wrote:
    Am getting a bit weary of the sci-fi references - tongue-in-cheek though they are - i can only hear Hiro spout timeless lines from Star Trek or Back To The Future so many times. It's like the script-writers are pacing around their offices - "i can't finish this important scene with Hiro in a predicament.... i got it, Hiro spouts yet another tongue-in-cheek line from Star Trek with a wry smile."

Absolutely agree. It really p'd me off this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

iguana wrote:
    Absolutely agree. It really p'd me off this week.
    But it seems in character for those two (Hiro and Ando) most of the time. Plus this episode was directed by Voyager's Roxana Dawson (B'Elanna Torres), and the last one guest starred George Takei (Sulu), so I'd imagine they upped the anti a bit in terms of references and 'paying homage'.

Although, one of the best things about Heroes is that while some characters and stories within it might get a bit dull or annoying at times, each of the stories is basically styled so differently that there's always something else to enjoy in the same 45mins.

Just an 'okay' for this episode anyway. Most of the really interesting stuff from the last couple of weeks wasn't really touched upon. No Peter or The Doctor (Who), and Hiro and Ando's part in it wasn't too interesting. Also, I like the telepathic cop, but Nikki and Jessica are/is probably my least favourite character, and this episode was pretty much centred around them.

Interested enough to see what Sylar's upto.. but I'm not sure where they're going with that character either. He seemed far more menacing towards the start of the season - killing people from the shadows - now he's inviting himself in for tea? If his motivation is just to become the be-all-and-end-all of super humans, what's the hold-up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

i enjoyed the episode well enough but i was sooooo disappointed that one of the first proper hero vs. hero battles was a bit of walkin around and pointin guns. psychic vs. super strength could've been awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

Goodshape wrote:
    He seemed far more menacing towards the start of the season - killing people from the shadows - now he's inviting himself in for tea? If his motivation is just to become the be-all-and-end-all of super humans, what's the hold-up?

I'm thinking that the possibility of finding 100s/1000s of more heores through Suresh is all the motivation he needs to "lay low" for a while...once he gets the list (or an extended list) he basically sorted target wise!

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNMRKp5-JRQ

Shows a clip of another hero being introduced next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

personally I liked when Sylar was unknown. Good episode all the same, although for some reason I though Claires real dad (the flying dude) would of recognised her... I dunno, either way he'll remember that picture later on in the series when he does meet her. I predict the series will end in some big crescendo, with all the heroes coming together in some alliance (what their spandex outfit will be will be dealt with next season) to fight Sylar in season 2. They are building sylar up to much so I doubt they will be done with him by the first season. That nuclear guy will be the main focus of the end of the season, with Sylar probably getting involved in some fight with the heroes but escaping.

musing: so if peter can absorb powers, does that mean he can absorb all of sylars powers? Is sylar even a mutant?

either way, looking forward to how this plays out, and unlike others I like the little references to other shows, they are kinda like the hidden dharma clues in Lost but not as irritating (imo)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

Just powered through all the episodes in the last two weeks and its an awesome show, thought this episode wasn't quite up to the standards of some of the others but it was still great. Was really hoping for a better showdown between Nikki/ Jessica & Matt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

L31mr0d wrote:
    Good episode all the same, although for some reason I though Claires real dad (the flying dude) would of recognised her... I dunno, either way he'll remember that picture later on in the series when he does meet her.
    Recognised her when and where? He's never met her before and he didn't see her in the trailor park.
    I predict the series will end in some big crescendo, with all the heroes coming together in some alliance (what their spandex outfit will be will be dealt with next season) to fight Sylar in season 2. They are building sylar up to much so I doubt they will be done with him by the first season. That nuclear guy will be the main focus of the end of the season, with Sylar probably getting involved in some fight with the heroes but escaping.
    It's interesting that Peter booked a flight to Nevada to get away from people yet that's exactly where Ted is hiding out.
    musing: so if peter can absorb powers, does that mean he can absorb all of sylars powers? Is sylar even a mutant?
    I would say so although he's got a long way to go before being near Sylar would presumably drive him mad. I'd definitely say that Sylar has the genetic abnormality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

doonothing wrote:
    psychic vs. super strength could've been awesome!
    If not a little one sided. No way would Matt have survived a proper fight against Jessica, hearing her thoughts wouldn't have done much good when she was busy breaking him in half.
    daiixi wrote:
    Recognised her when and where? He's never met her before and he didn't see her in the trailer park.
    I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, he'd recognise her as the cheerleader in Isaac's paintings, but that would be a bit of a stretch. It would have needed her mother to mention that she was a cheerleader and living in Odessa, where Nathan knew Peter went to save the cheerleader. I'm guessing he'll put it together at some stage though. Peter would recognise her, but he won't be seeing the picture on the mothers phone now will he?
    Ho-Hum wrote:
    Was really hoping for a better showdown between Nikki/ Jessica & Matt.
    Again, I don't think this would be the best point for a battle between Jessica and anyone. I'd guess it's just a teaser fight for now, with something big coming. Other than Syler and Peter, I can't see how any of the other's could fight her for more than a few seconds before she'd tare them apart. Maybe Hiro will be the first to confront her? Perhaps using his ability to pause time to step out of the way of her strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

jor el wrote:
    I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, he'd recognise her as the cheerleader in Isaac's paintings, but that would be a bit of a stretch. It would have needed her mother to mention that she was a cheerleader and living in Odessa, where Nathan knew Peter went to save the cheerleader. I'm guessing he'll put it together at some stage though. Peter would recognise her, but he won't be seeing the picture on the mothers phone now will he?
    Ahh right gotcha. But still Peter didn't recognise Claire when he first saw her in the corridor and was sure he was looking for Jacqui. I don't think it's something he'll put together on his own.

• Advertisement
Advertisement