Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recalling a print job

Options
  • 13-02-2007 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is it possible to find out what user/computer printed to a specific printer retrospectively?

Basically, some 'inappropriate' printed material was found on one of our work printers this morning. I have been charged with the task of finding which user/computer sent the print job.

We have networked printers (HP5100) running on a Windows Server 2003 machine which.

Thanks & regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Not sure but from what I recall (which may not be much) each computer should have a record of it's recent print jobs. Maybe check the recent documents on each computer? Even if the file has been deleted the shortcut to it should still be in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Have you tried looking in the Event Log on the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I'll try the event log and recent documents. Ta.

Was thinking about it last night. I reckon the material was received by e-mail. So I'll check the e-mail logs also.

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Advertisement