Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car sharing / pooling

Options
  • 13-02-2007 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

I work in Maynooth and a near neighbour (upper and lower Terenure) and I have been car pooling for the last two weeks or so. He is about 7 mins cycle / 15 mins walk from me and we alternate the day's driving.

We discussed routes, departure times, flexibility and so on before proceeding. It makes a huge difference to the way I approach a day's work and we are only doing it on the basis of changing our own habits and helping to cut doen on car journeys and all. As the journey is just under 16 miles / 25km it takes about 40-50 mins depending on weather and traffic.

Does any one else have experience of car pooling they want to share or would like to know more about the way we did it? There must be lots of people in your office / work place who could do this.

Advertisement