Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSG 4th season (practically) confirmed...

Options
  • 12-02-2007 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Good news.. Michael Ausiello has rarely been wrong!

From Ain't It Cool News
    TV Guide’s Michael Ausiello reports that SciFi has ordered 13 fourth-season episodes:

No official confirmation from Sci Fi, but my BSG mole insists this scoop is "extremely, 100 percent reliable."

Read the story here!!

I need to catch up.. haven't watched any episode since the boxing one aired.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hmmm, only 13 episodes. Is the End nigh?

Hopefully, ScFi will also put out an additional 13th eps for a final 5th season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Talisman

I'd rather a season of 13 high quality episodes instead of a season of 20+ episodes in which you're lucky to see 13 good episodes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Season 4. :)

13 episodes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Let's not lose hope.. alright, Sci-Fi commissioned 13 episodes. If it does well, they'll commission more!

And if it doesn't.. well, i wouldn't bet on a season 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Official Sci-Fi Announcement Today

Not at all disappointed about the 13 episode order - remember season one and the tightness of the scripts? This can only focus minds once more. In fact the only thing that somewhat irks me is the January 2008 start date! This will be a painful hiatus following the season three finale.
    Battlestar Renewed For Season 4

SCI FI Channel announced that it has renewed its Peabody-winning original series Battlestar Galactica, ordering 13 new episodes. Production will resume this summer in Vancouver, Canada, with an eye toward a January 2008 premiere.

The decision comes after the series' successful move to a new 10 p.m. timeslot on Sundays. Since moving, Battlestar Galactica's audience has grown over its third-season average by 8 percent in total viewers, by double digits in female viewers, by 19 percent in the show's target demographic of adults aged 18-49 and by 14 percent in adults 25-54. The Jan. 28 episode, "Taking a Break From All Your Worries," delivered 2.5 million total viewers and 1.6 million adults 18-49, the largest audience for any episode since the season-two premiere.

"We're thrilled to bring Battlestar back for another season," Mark Stern, SCI FI's executive vice president of programming, said in a statement. "This series has delivered on every level, from the writing to the acting to the production values. SCI FI is proud to be the home of the best show on television."

The series is from NBC Universal Television Studio and is executive-produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick. Its cast is led by Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer and Grace Park. Battlestar recently returned with the second half of its third original season, immediately following SCI FI's newest original series, The Dresden Files.

"While we never had any doubt that SCI FI would get behind a fourth season of Battlestar, it's thrilling to finally make it official, and for Ron and I to continue using this great genre to investigate the darker corners of society, politics and humanity," executive producer David Eick said in a statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Talisman wrote:
    I'd rather a season of 13 high quality episodes instead of a season of 20+ episodes in which you're lucky to see 13 good episodes.
    +1

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Count me as another who is quite happy with 13 episodes of tightly-focused stories rather than excess filler, like we just suffered in last weeks US showing. It's a model that many cable shows have employed to great effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

God, I'd be happy if they wrapped up the show within 13 episodes in season 4. My interest is seriously waning after the last few episodes and I'm not the only one. It would be good to see a conclusion soon, it'd be a real pity if it dragged on and on with mediocre episodes just to keep the show going when there's no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yes I'd prefer 13 well written episodes than 13 episodes+filler as well.

Season 2 had nothing of note between "Resurrection ship" and "Downloaded". Season 3's already had two "recreation" episodes Do we really want to see the BSG crew go to the pub every second episode or bowling or boxing while Apollo and Starbuck get drunk and all "I fancy the face off ya but my boyfriend is over there and kick you in the head if he sees us meeting each other". Any time I see an episode title that has something like "taking a break" or "relax and unwind" in the title, I brace myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Talisman

That press release makes no mention of the rumoured BSG movies, I wonder if they have been scrapped now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im in agreement with the 13 episodes....(13 tribes o.0)

BSG seemed like it was meant to actually tell a story; leave 10+ years of entertainment to some other scifi greats (we love you, Rick!)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Looks like we've at least two more filler episodes to "enjoy" this season before the final story arc.

My prediction if it's a full season next year is Ep 4x14 - Spa Day. *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Getting a little tired of insignificant, dragged-out, story-arcs.. 13 quality episodes would be preferable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

I suppose I agree with those who would rather 13 good episodes to 25 mediocre ones.

I also think that, if the producers are smart, they will end BSG after 4 seasons, before it becomes stale.

Frankly, I am amazed that the third season has not become unwatchable, because I did not think the premise would hold up this long without becoming dire. But I don't think that I would watch a 5th BSG season, even if it was as good as the first two have been, because I would no longer be invested in it.

in my opinion. Buffy should have ended after three seasons, instead it limped on for another 4 seasons.

after season one Angel went downhill very fast, and by the end of season five it was a shadow of it's former self.

SG1 has stayed reasonably fresh by expanding the premise and become much more like Star Trek, and also due to it's episodic nature.

I would also like more attention payed to the technicalitites of the story ie how are they growing food, do people have jobs, where are they getting spare parts and raw materials: plastic, steel, aluminium, copper, tin, rubber etc. In season one, some attention was payed to these questions,I would lke to see more episodes that include this sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,694 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Thats why it has to die: its not episodal. Its becoming a strain on the brain to keep tabs on all these details.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I would also like more attention payed to the technicalitites of the story ie how are they growing food, do people have jobs, where are they getting spare parts and raw materials: plastic, steel, aluminium, copper, tin, rubber etc. In season one, some attention was payed to these questions,I would lke to see more episodes that include this sort of stuff.

Definitely. Would love more of this stuff too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

Thanks Kannie. I thought I was the only ne who cared!

Advertisement