Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire 1690 power problems

Options
  • 12-02-2007 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought a laptop off adverts.ie 10 days ago and I’m having trouble with it.

The guy told me when I went to collect it that the original charger broke and the replacement (a lite-on) one he was giving me wasn't a great fit and would have to be pushed in a bit more, or something along those lines.

Anyway, the jack on the charger has to pointing at a certain angle to work and is very temperamental. This morning it stopped working all together (no matter how much I moved the cable and turned the jack) only to start working when I plugged it in again a few hours later.

I was going to order a new charger but then I remembered the DC on laptops can be problematic.

Is there a way to tell if it’s the charger or the laptop, if it’s the laptop I’m going to try and return it. If it’s the charger I can get a new one.

I posted in the laptop forum last week and never got a reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

TomCo wrote:
    I posted in the laptop forum last week and never got a reply.
    Doesn't excuse posting in the wrong forum I'm afraid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement