Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life On Mars, Series 2: Tues 12th Feb @ 9 on BBC1

Options
  • 12-02-2007 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭

For those of you who don't know, Life On Mars is back tomorrow at nine for a second and final series.

I genuinely think this is the best show the BBC have produced in years. The script is sharp and funny, the plot moves along at a steady pace and the acting by all the main players is top notch.

Anyone else looking forward to this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Love it. Brown and beige heaven.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Actually, the thread title should ready Tues 13th February unless the first episode gets in a car crash and is hurtled back in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

I'm looking forward to it as well. I love the retro look and feel of the show.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I really can't take Marc Warren seriously since "Love and Monsters,"
    especially as a villian.

Slightly distjointed episode whioch came good right at the end, who was that on the phone and what is Sams' mission?

Mike.

• Advertisement

Dunno, could be anyone really, possibly someone we haven't been introduced to yet. I don't think we'll know until the end of the season, just like the first series.

Thought the episode was a bit dark for a starter. Could have done with more humour and also the whole idea of Sam becoming more reckless in his policing might have been better used midway through the series. It didn't seem that big a deal because we'd been away from the characters for so long; it was more like a cold start than a character change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I suppose we were all missing Phillip Glenisters one-liners which were a definite highlight of the first series! Excellent show loved it last time round and got off to a good start again last night , fascinating to know who the man on the phone at the end was

• Registered Users Posts: 30,031 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Never saw the first series, but sounded interesting in the tv guide so I watched it. Was a bit strange, but did get into it. Will probably watch it again next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

One of my favourite shows of last year.
    I just happened to spot that the new season was starting, it's not shown on BBC America, at least not up to date.
    So i was lucky to spot it.

They showed the first episode on BBC1 and then showed the second episode on BBC4?

Will the second episode be shown on BBC1 in a week's time?

Killian

Yep. The "Turn to BBC4 for the Next episode" lark is a ratings booster for the channel I guess (which worked, it was the top rated non-terrestrial prog last Tuesday).

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Plus now all those that watched Episode 2 on BBC4 will feel compelled to watch the rest of the series on BBC4 now so good move!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Never heard of this show before until I seen the thread here. It is starting on TV over here tonight, will try to catch it if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Well that didn't work out.
    Life on Mars is clashes with House, it is also on at the same time as Ugly Betty (but that is ****).
    Have to stay with House, no Life on Mars for me.

Buy a video deck! I imagine they have car-boot sales in Kiwiland.

Mike.

Great ep last night! I think things work better when they have a "this week's story" and just move the main plot on only a little.

If people are going to discuss BBC4 episodes in this thread I would ask that they kindly use spoilers.

Advertisement